Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are looking for a Resident Engineer/Construction Manager - Hydraulics to manage supervision of major storm water drainage project in Jeddah
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Act as prime point of contact for the construction supervision aspects of the project, including approves and monitors contractor’s quality assurance and control, progress reporting, safety, financial recommendations, approved material submission and design modifications
• Planning and coordination of activities for the effective management, control and reporting of the construction supervision of the projects
• Plan, schedule and oversee general contracting works, allocating work assignments and directing subordinates, ensuring works are delivered to a high standard of quality and to the satisfaction of Client, in a safe and efficient manner
• Review and approve work programs and progress schedules submitted by contractors
• Evaluate, select, and adapt construction management and control techniques, procedures, and criteria to suit job tasks, and devises and implements solutions to problems encountered
• Review & approve work programs submitted by contractors
• Lead site operations and implementation works, undertaking quality assurance checks and programming works, ensuring site safety and compliance with project management methodologies. Leads by example in driving safe practices on site
• Propose required rectification works in alignment with relevant quality and HSE standards and in compliance with Contract requirements
• Identify potential problems and propose solutions
• Maintain, manage a project risk management plan and operational risk register containing all operational risks
• Guides the technical development of and participates in the delivery of training workshops for graduate engineers and other staff
• Maintain and enhance policies, procedures, technical standards and specifications
• Ensure that the project quality control procedures are used for supervision works and monitor it for improvement. Cooperate with audits required in accordance with the Contract requirements
• Plan and perform periodic audits of all elements of the process to ensure objectives are achieved
• Manage projects and contractors in compliance with the contract conditions, requirements and specifications and ensure strict control of, and adherence to, project program, budget and contract administration process
• Review the contractor’s schedule for testing and commissioning of the installation, witness the tests performed by the Contractor and submit all test reports to the Client’s Representatives
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or relevant subject
• Minimum (15) years experience in construction of storm drainage networks, open channels, box culverts, piping, pumping stations, dams etc.
• Must be fluent in Arabic & English.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.