Job description / Role
Our client, a leading healthcare facility in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, is currently looking for Respiratory Therapy Supervisor who is a qualified and registered professional who works under the supervision of the physician to provide care for patients with respiratory disorders and diseases in areas such as the emergency room, ICU, and pediatrics.
Your responsibilities would include but not limited to:
• Undertake diagnostic cardiopulmonary evaluations and respiration therapy treatments designed to treat patients with deficiencies and dysfunctions of the cardiopulmonary system.
• This includes acquiring, analyzing, and interpreting data that is obtained from diagnostic tests and specimens.
• Directs and supervises the work of the Respiratory Therapy Technicians and is accountable for ensuring that respiratory care services are safe, effective and of a high quality.
• Consults with Physicians and Nursing staff and maintains records of individual patient’s response to and compliance with their treatments.
• To work with ventilators, oxygen devices and aerosol treatments, used in the provision of respiratory therapy.
• Expected to provide education and in-services as required to the Respiratory Therapy team as well as to other healthcare professionals.
• Provide a range of prescribed or protocolised treatments for patients with respiratory disorders and diseases
• Perform pulmonary function testing, hemodynamic monitoring, and other physiologic monitoring
• Collect and analyse arterial blood gas samples.
• Undertake cardiopulmonary tests under the direction of the physician; can calculate lung volume and vital capacity.
• Set equipment controls to regulate the flow of oxygen, gasses, mists, or aerosols.
• Percuss patients’ chest and back using air trapping techniques, and positions patient for drainage.
• Educate patients on the use of inhalers and inhalation devices
• Delegate tasks to the Respiratory Therapy Technicians and supervise their work.
• Schedule the work of the Respiratory Therapy team, ensuring that there is adequate coverage, escalating concerns outside direct control to the Nurse Director.
• Promote and observe Infection Prevention & Control standards and practice, wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to prevent biohazards
• Participate in the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices considering leading practices, improvement of business processes, cost reduction, and productivity. Improvement
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria :
• Bachelor’s degree in Respiratory Therapy
• 6 years’ previous post-registration experience of working in Respiratory Therapy in an acute hospital environment.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in supervising or managing the work of others.
• Basic Life Support. ATLS and PTLS would be advantageous
• Certification as a Respiratory Therapist (RRT Preferred. CRT at a minimum)
• Registered Nurse license in country of origin, with the ability to obtain registration with the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties
• Preferably a Saudi National
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.