Job description / Role
The job holder of this position is responsible for ensuring that Shop Supervisors/Managers maximize the commercial performance of their retail shops and deliver exceptional Guest Experience. The job holder is also responsible for establishing a bridge between back-office and their network of stores which they control/audit on a continuous basis and implement corrective solutions and actions.
- Follow all relevant Retail policies, processes and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Follow the day-to-day activities related to own job with minimal supervision to ensure continuity of work
- Follow-up on escalated cases /issues/questions of team members to ensure they are closed efficiently and in a timely manner
- Ensure that shop floor employees are properly trained and coached in customer service excellence
- Monitor that staff grooming and uniforms are as per standards
- Ensure that annual and monthly sales target per store are properly communicated to store managers on a timely basis
- Provide monthly detailed feedback on store top line achievements to RSM to prepare monthly top line review
- Actively participate in preparation and execution of store budget (mainly top line)
- Provide relevant qualitative feedback to RSM to help prepare store top line budget (e.g. performance of brand, category, SKU and detailed information on historical sales and store customers)
- Act as the local commercial project manager for smooth preparation of store opening and monitor stabilization of operations
- Submit retro plan on commercial part of calendar of store opening to RSM and local project management team
- Act as the product champion and the link between back-office and the shop floor employees
- Ensure new products/new season collection are properly explained to shop floor employees
- Monitor that rosters are correctly performed by store managers
- Approve rebalancing of staff between stores to improve overall performance of store
- Send calendar of VM activities to store manager
- Monitor that VM activities in stores are performed according to sales plan and provide monthly report to RSM
- Provide insights to RSM regarding cycle counting criteria based on concerns or recurring issues in stores
- Recommend best calendar for annual stock take and cycle counting by stores
- Ensure that uniform expenses remain within budget
- Approve petty cash expenses in store
- Ensure smooth coordination between Marketing, VM, Merchandise and store managers for events and activities in the store or in the mall
- Coordinate with Retail Store Operations Specialist for proper solution to operational issues disrupting sales
- Develop and motivate team members to ensure transfer of know-how and continuous positive work environment
- Monitor team members' performance and provide formal and informal feedback and appraisal in order to maximize efficiency
- Collaborating for Efficiency (Intermediate)
- Communicating Effectively (Foundation)
- Developing and Managing Self-Awareness (Intermediate)
- Drive, Entrepreneurship and Adaptability (Foundation)
- Technical competencies required for the role
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.