Job description / Role
INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
What you'll be doing
Our Retail Manager is responsible for implementing the regional retail goals and objectives, budgets and commercial targets in alignment with the Brand(s)' strategic direction for the short and long term.
In addition, the Retail Manager is responsible for the management of local retail networks, and managing the human capital in their region, directly or through Regional and Local Retail Teams ensuring excellence in retail performance.
• Set up targets by segments of key customers per store and monitor performance vs. targets
• Ensure that annual and monthly sales targets per store are properly distributed to Area Sales Managers
• Approve action plan to improve store top line and gross margin proposed by Area Sales Managers
• Propose KPIs to be added to overall Retail's menu of manageable and simple drivers for store staff line targets
• Propose topline and margin targets for budget of existing stores
• Ensure that store topline developed during budget are accurate, achievable, challenging and meet management's requests
• Propose remedial plan before store closure and phasing out plan during closure
• Approve remedial plan for underperforming stores
• Monitor Shop Expenses to not exceed the budget
• Ensure new product launches or new season collections are properly explained to Area Sales Managers
• Monitor that stock discrepancies and other variances in stores are kept at a minimum
• Act as a coordinator between store network and back-office for smooth execution of activities
• Ensure smooth coordination with Buying Team (e.g. Pre-Buying, Buying, Post-Buying, Product launches)
• Provide data and comments to Regional Marketing Team on marketing plan during preparation (e.g. promotions, in-store activities)
• Assign individual objectives for employee performance management purposes, manage performance, empower team, and provide formal and informal feedback in order to support professional development and maximize performance
What you'll need to succeed
• Communicating Effectively
• Demonstrating Personal Resilience and Adapting to Change
• Driving Innovation
• Service Excellence
• Business Acumen
• Collaborating and Influencing with Respect and Trust
• Demonstrating Strategic Vision
• Driving Results
• Being Inclusive
• Demonstrating Customer Centricity
• Developing and Engaging Team Members
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.