Job description / Role
Our Vision, we make moments
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the "moments" business. We're intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer term partnership.
It doesn't take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
- Facilitates, guides, and directs all department heads in selecting the optimum revenue opportunities for the property.
- Measures total revenue performance against strategy and targets and adapt current strategy as necessary.
- Actively monitors the competitive environment and elaborates revenue optimizing tactics and strategies in order to maximize Revenue Generation Index (RGI).
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning & Organizing:
- To drive the forecasting process for all operating departments, identify revenue potentials and supply and demand variables for the property.
- To monitor changing market conditions and to assess the financial implications of market fluctuations on the property .
- Assist in the preparation of the annual Sales & Marketing budget and business plan taking into consideration Market Mix, Occupancy levels, Average Room Rate & RevPar, Yield management and revenue streams throughout both rooms and food & beverage.
- Gives feedback on developing, implementing and managing rate structures and strategies through market data review and demand analysis.
- Manage all aspects of the reservations service and quality in the CRS, PMS and related systems
- Focus on overall yield & REVPAR.
- Verifies on a daily basis the daily arrivals and individual guest folios.
- Maintain a consistent focus on improving the overall flow of Reservations operations.
- To lead daily Reservations briefings and monthly employee meetings
- To have a complete understanding of and to adhere to Mövenpick Hotel Dubai Media City policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To drive the performance of the Reservations team members, including completion of performance appraisals, coaching counselling and performance management in conjunction with the General Manager and Human Resources.
- Ensure the team work within the department with a sales focused attitude and team are aware of sales opportunities within the hotel/residences which will assist with the maximization of revenue.
- Ensure all team members are aware of all room revenue targets and are kept informed of performance results.
- Ensure guests are communicated with and assisted in an efficient, warm and professional manner by all team members.
- To ensure a consistently high standard of grooming is followed and by self and team.
- Have full knowledge of all products and services provided by the property and in the local area.
- Actively review guest comments and feedback, communicate this with the team members and implement procedures to enhance guest satisfaction.
- To use pricing models and accepted best practice to support the collective marketing efforts of the property.
- Ensure that the reservations team drive, manage and maintain robust positive relations with all key accounts and business partners.
- Be the key point for operational handling of all E-accounts rate loading and connectivity for, in cooperation with local and international sales offices.
- Ensures that property rate and policy information is up to date on all 3rd party systems
- Support the Communications Manager to identify and update property content where necessary and follow content recommendations from Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers.
- Maintains the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and attitude towards all hotel guests, clients, staff and employees.
- Maintains professional business confidentiality.
- Adhere to Company and Hotel rules and regulations at all times.
- Coordinates e-marketing activities and initiatives with Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Assist in the set up and maintenance of property CRS with regards to property information and images as per the pre-opening action plan and critical path.
- Communicate with all 3rd party direct partners to enrol our property and execute all necessary actions.
- To communicate clearly the revenue management strategies to the rest of the management team in a clear and appropriate manner.
- To assist the Director of Sales & Marketing with pricing and demand projects based on a clear brief.
- To carry out quantitative and qualitative market research to assist in the understanding of the market place.
- To analyse the GDS Hoteligence report channels of distribution across key GCC countries, examining the property penetration against the primary chain competitors set so as to provide a competitive comparison on GDS strategy broken down by each contribution GCC country.
- To monitor the competitive set of pricing of our hotel through Travel city and other retail web based travel solutions so as to determine the pricing rational of major hotel competitors with the Dubai market.
- To monitor the pricing strategies associated with the meeting rooms, monitoring sales performance against competition.
- To carry out competitive shopping analysis with the conference, small meetings market, to understand competitive selling strategies.
- To evaluate the changing distribution trends.
- Assist Director of Sales and Marketing in setting up and executing GDS and IDS media activities.
- Target potential 3rd party partners with direct marketing activities and research new partners, conduct studies on all research engines and communicate findings and proposals to the Director of Sales & Marketing in collaboration with the Area office
- Complete data and analyse monthly reports, set up actions and execute accordingly.
- Ensure that hotels' website is fully optimized to maximize traffic from key search engines, i.e. yahoo, google and msn.
- Ensure corporate and regional ecommerce programs are pulled through at the property.
- Maintain frequent, active engagement with Corporate E-Commerce to ensure alignment, pull-through, and 2-way communication about the status, performance, opportunities, and issues related to online programs and initiatives.
- Align with revenue management to leverage e-channel marketing and promotional opportunities to drive business through relationships with MH&R approved partners, e.g. expedia, Travelocity.
- Coordinate quarterly promotions calendar for the hotel website's activities.
- During the monthly revenue meeting, provide information on a monthly basis in relation to trends, competitor analysis and consumer website feedback ie Trip Advisor etc.
- Ensures that selling strategies are adhered to during negotiations and maximizes up selling opportunities of sales and reservations teams.
- Review the daily business levels, anticipate critical situations and plan effective solutions in conjunction with the department head, to best expedite these situations.
- Holds a daily RevMax Meeting
- Chairs a weekly Revenue Meeting
- Attends the daily Departmental Sales briefing.
- Adhere to company credit policies to ensure all expected revenues are secured.
- Attend major corporate functions to network and promote the hotel.
- Obtain and maintain an awareness of community, business, political and social market driven factors which may affect the hotel's financial performance and operating objectives.
- Ensure that the room and conference inventories are reviewed weekly, monthly and bi-monthly where strategies are formulated to address low occupancy need periods at least 2 months ahead.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with all Mövenpick corporate and local Operational Standards and ensure they are followed. Must assist all staff under his/her control in the accomplishment of their objectives.
- Consolidate month end revenue reports applicable information for the review of General Manager.
- Establishes and maintains a filing system for the revenue and reservations department.
- Answer all incoming correspondence (leads, inquiries, requests, offers, confirmations, etc.) are replied to within 24 hours.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of Mövenpick Hotel Dubai Media City - CRS and IDS set up.
- Establish and maintain a monthly report to include the summary of the past activities, prospects and trends, and analysis of competitor's sales and promotion efforts, forecast for all sales activities & production/conversion figures.
- Ensure that solicited and approved accounts are properly loaded in CRS
- Consolidate reservation reports utilizing all available resources such as TravelClick, CRS and PMS or other 3rd party resources. Manage and maintain complete and supported records of all agreements, contract and quotes for the hotel.
- Review the employee schedule and annual leave plan to ensure the correct allocation of resources to foster employee productivity, satisfaction and adequate manning.
- To fully support the departmental training function and to support new training development initiatives.
- To undertake any reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the management.
- To project at all times a positive and motivated attitude that reflects positively on the Mövenpick Hotel Dubai Media City and that projects warmth and friendliness.
- To have a complete understanding of the Shared Service Operational Manual and Policies and Procedures.
- To attend all meetings as required by the Executive Management.
- Corresponds with groups and travel agents to answer special requests for rooms & rates.
Overview by Segment:-
- Optimize the revenue from the Best Available Rate, Pre-Pay BAR and Packages
- Protect contracted rates from rate conflict by ensuring public rates are always in line with or higher than contracted / marked-up rates
- Carry out Comp Set rate checks, available capacity and after reviewing the expected market demand apply the relevant pricing.
- Apply price recommendations by Room Category and ensure it is available on each distribution channel, maintaining rate parity at all times
- Apply Length of Stay controls and avoid closing availability when possible.
- Define the annual terms / fences for contracted corporate, government and wholesale pricing. e.g. Volume v's Rate, LRA, Room Category pricing, Cancellation and No Show Policy
- Optimize the revenue from the ICR, LCR, GOV and FIT segments
- Assist the Sales team in analysing the performance of their accounts
- Challenge the Sales team regarding the production of their accounts
- Control availability by room category for contracted rates
- Review Last Room Availability accounts if volume is not produced
- Calculate the materialization of each allotment including the day of week production
- Ensure Allotment Process is in place for inventory restrictions
- Ensure free sale is offered during low demand periods.
Group business & leisure
- Define the group strategy, availability and pricing guidelines and communicate on a regular basis with the sales team
- Optimize the revenue from the Group segments Fairs, Incentive, Meetings and Corporate including function room optimization.
- Review each group request that is over the group ceiling and ensure requests are reviewed using a displacement calculation.
- Introduce and maintain the annual calendar of events and expected demand guide
- Challenge the Sales team regarding the materialisation and conversion of their enquiries
- Monitor and chase action on the group status and follow-up dates of all groups' blocks on a regular basis for forecasting purposes.
- Check SMART segmentation accuracy
- Daily check of in-house groups, cancellations, no shows and billing
- Check last night's performance by segment v's Budget, Last Years and Strategy, update History Excel file
- Check last night's Market Share results and update Daily Benchmark file
- Review the Comp set Daily Rates report
- Review the pickup by market segment per day for the next 3 months
- Enter the on the books in the daily Pick-up file
- Adjust Strategy and systems accordingly (if required) update Strategy file
- Review last night's Front Office Up-sell results
- Reservations Quality Check for yesterday's new bookings
- Review group enquiries/offer against Strategy(Displacement Calculations)
- Attend morning briefing as required and share KPI's with the team
- Carry out Individual Reservations Quality Checks
- Review lost business in detail
- Reservations Team Brief and Daily Training Topic
- Last Week's C&B and Group Regrets with reasons
- Update the daily forecast file by market segment
- Check Inventory left to sell for the next 3 months by day (room type restrictions required)
- Detailed review of daily Strategy and systems accordingly
- Prepare documents for weekly Revenue Committee Meeting and minute the action points
- Alert Sales regarding the forthcoming weak periods where demand is required.
- Identify strong periods and confirm which policies are in place and the recommendations are respected in each segment.
- Review the Booking Pace
- No-Shows, Check charged vs. collected revenues
- Spot Check Quality of Group Reservations and feedback
- Monitor Individual denials are being logged in PMS
- Monitor "Rate enquiry/availability screen" is used by everyone and train accordingly
- Review last month results by segment vs. Budget, Last Years and Strategy/Forecast and update History File
- Review last month Market Segment Forecast and enter actual
- Write a brief synopsis by Market Segment of the results and activities or events that effected the results
- Complete the months Market Share results and update the Monthly Benchmark file and send to GM.
- Review the Benchmarking and implement strategic action to protect RGI position
- Complete the Monthly rolling forecast file and send to ADRM
- Pickup by market segment per month for the next 12 months (for Group pickup)
- Adjust the Annual Calendar and systems accordingly (if required)
- Analyse Hoteligence Report (if applicable)
- Review overbooking levels and if necessary prepare overbooking resolution plan
- Prepare monthly extra analysis in next Revenue Committee Meeting
- Monthly one on one meeting with DOSM.
- Revenue Training & Development for teams in the hotel
- Update of Sales & Marketing & Revenue Plan
- Room Class Occupancy
- Top Account Analysis
- Source of Business Report
- Length of Stay Profile by Day of Week
- Overbooking Policy and review Key dates
- Group Conversion Ratios
- Group Materialisation
- Allotment Analysis
- Source and channel analysis
- Segment Profitability
- Empty rooms v denials
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.