Job description / Role
- Develop and implement an overarching risk management plan for the entire project.
- Own the Risk management procedure
- Manage the process of identifying and assessing the risks affecting the business.
- Oversee, and in some areas implement, the plan of risk control actions (e.g. purchase of insurance or other risk financing options, health and safety measures, liaison with regulators, business continuity plans).
- Monitor, evaluate and challenge the organization’s success in managing its risks.
- Organize and produce appropriate risk reporting, internally and externally.
- Lead the identification and evaluation of risks and issues throughout the entire project life cycle.
- Promote risk management in accordance to project procedure.
- Create and maintain Risk Register logs.
- Create and maintain Issues Register logs.
- Monitors and follows up changes in Risk exposure, identifying new Risks and Issues.
- Prepare periodical reports of Risks and Issues and their management.
- Integrates the Contractor’s Risk management into the PMC’s overall Risk management.
- Provides lessons learnt feedback to top managers.
- Identifies gaps in Risk management competence and arranges to fulfil by training and secondment when.
- Introduces and manages any required Risk Management software.
- Establishes and promotes a lexicon of Risk management terms
The ideal candidate should hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Civil Engineering or related fields of study from an internationally recognized university. To be successful at this role, the position holder should have not less than 15 years of experience in the construction risk management field.
Should have excellent communications and presentation skills, to be able to inform and persuade both orally and in writing.
Advanced numerical skills and an eye for detail are mandatory.
Fluency in the English Language is mandatory to be successful in this position.
About the Company
ITALCONSULT is an Italian engineering consulting company established in Rome in 1957 by the largest industrial groups of that time for giving evidence throughout the world of the Italian know-how and capacity to perform engineering.
From December 2012, the Company has a new share structure formed by Bevilacqua Engineering Group, actively operating in Italy in the sector of public and private transport infrastructure (with construction costs amounting to more than 12 billion US$ in the last ten years) through the Companies SIS S.p.A. Studio di Ingegneria Stradale and A&S, Autostrade e Strade Engineering S.p.A., now merged into ITALCONSULT, and two groups representatives of the Italian excellence in the economic and financial fields: Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A., one of the biggest Italian bank very active in supporting infrastructure investments and also in foreign activities (countries of Central Eastern Europe, Middle East and Northern Africa), and Tecnoinvestimenti Srl, belonging to the Italian Chambers of Commerce through TECNOHOLDING S.p.A., enjoying their own national and international network able to foster investment initiatives and programmes as well as to activate bilateral technical-commercial agreements.