Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Risk Consulting practice, within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world's largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
In Risk, you'll help clients to protect their brand and enhance their commercial performance by capitalising on every business opportunity while minimising risks.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future. As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Interest in understanding the types of risks Consulting faces - reputationally, financially, permissibility of services - and how these are mitigated or managed by the firm.
- Be a self-starter who is proactive and flexible and has a positive attitude
- Ability to provide pragmatic advice, whilst protecting the firm by understanding the importance of the firm's 'red lines'.
- Be able to work both independently and as a team, with good project management skills, able to prioritize and manage multiple projects at a time while working to agreed deadlines.
- Be creative and willing to think of new and innovative approaches to our work.
- It would be desirable for you to have:
- Experience in working in a Consulting/ advisory client-facing role preferably on large technology-enabled transformation programs
- Experience in working in risk management in a Big 4 environment
- The individual must be bilingual and proficient in English and Arabic.
- Be a clear, effective, and self-confident communicator who can adapt their style for different audiences and across multiple channels.
- Have an ability to influence and communicate clearly and with self-confidence to all levels of partners and staff, including at the most senior levels.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.