Job description / Role
Royal Service & Reservation Agent
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, every guest interaction is an opportunity to create a lasting memory. We invite you to showcase your exceptional interpersonal skills as a Royal Service Agent, where the knowledgeable and personalized service you provide by telephone will make our guests feel unique and valued.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to Royal Service Supervisor, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Book and enter room reservation requests using the Property Management System
- Enter rooming lists while ensuring accuracy, as required
- Update reservations ensuring a flawless check in and check out process
- E nsure revenue is maximized by up-selling guest rooms and recommending hotel facilities
- Liaise with Sales and other departments as required
- Answer telephone and email inquiries in a timely manner
- A ssist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way
- Process all external and internal calls either by redirecting calls or assisting the guest
- Take ownership of the guest's request and ensure follow up according to the hotel's standards
- Have a sufficient working knowledge of all departments, in particular Housekeeping, Front Office and Engineering
- Maintain and monitor the "Royal Service" software system
- Serve as a liaison for guests requiring information relating to all aspects of the hotel
- Handle and distribute faxes, voice messages and written messages for internal and external guests
- Have full knowledge of the hotel's emergency procedures
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous customer related experience required Must possess outstanding guest services skills and sophisticated verbal communication skills
- Previous Property Manager System experience preferred
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- Must be able to type 25 words per minute
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position:
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Frequent sitting throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, walking and standing
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Your team and working environment:
- Working a fast paced team environment
- Shifts will be during the day, evening and weekend
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.