Job description / Role
• Provision of professional safety discipline support to the program projects with particular emphasis on the safety requirements of the Construction Department on all Royal Commission Construction Projects.
Major Activities Performed:
• Assists the Safety Supervisor Construction Department in developing/managing and implementing the job site safety program.
• Inspects the construction job sites to detect and directs corrective measures for immediate implementation.
• Initiates and conducts of accident investigations to minimize recurrence and prepares an investigation report of these records.
• Documents violations through notes, sketches, photos and videotapes.
• Conducts audits and monitors the safety performance of all construction operations.
• Assists Safety Supervisor in identifying and investigating elements of an accident: unsafe conditions and unsafe acts. Record injuries, fatalities and incidence rates.
• Inspects work area, machinery, equipment and working conditions for compliance with OSHA (Occupational safety & Health Administration) regulations.
• Coordinates/Communicates with contractors, Safety Engineer, SRCM’s/RCE’s to rectify/resolve safety issues. Provides safety training to other engineers/inspectors.
• Ensures the availability, readiness and proper use of required accident prevention procedures, safety and fire prevention equipment, PPE and first aid supplies.
• Minimum B.Sc. Degree, preferably in Engineering discipline (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or Structural Engineering) from recognized western educational institute with preference given to focus in the field of Health and safety
• Minimum of eight (8) years of safety related experience in construction field
• Candidate should be certified safety professional or OSHA certified
• Possess computer literacy and capable to operate current computer safety programs
• Candidate must have job related technical skills such as ability to conduct safety, CPR techniques and first aid training program.
• The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
Specific technical requirements are:
• Must have ability to perform with minimum supervision and work cooperatively with Construction Department staff and contractor personnel.
• Provide professional safety support to Construction Department as necessary during construction phases
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies