Job description / Role
Provision of professional safety discipline support to the program projects with an emphasis on the safety requirements of the construction department on all construction projects.
Member of the construction department professional staff. reports to the supervisor, safety -construction department.
• Assists the safety Manager Construction department in developing/managing and implementing the job site safety program.
• Inspects the construction job sites to detect and directs corrective measures for immediate implementation.
• Initiates and conducts accident investigations to minimize recurrence and prepares an investigation report of these records.
• Documents violations through notes, sketches, photos, and videotapes.
• Conducts audits and monitors the safety performance of all construction operations.
• Assists Safety Manager and Engineers in identifying and investigating elements of an accident: unsafe conditions and unsafe acts.
• Record injuries, fatalities and incidence rates.
• Inspects work area, machinery, equipment and working conditions for compliance with OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Administration) regulations.
• Ensures the availability, readiness and proper use of required accident prevention procedures, safety, and fire prevention equipment, PPE and first aid supplies.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Mech/Elect/Structural Engineering from recognized university with a minimum of 5 year’s post-graduate professional experience in the field of Health and Safety.
• OSHA 10 is desirable.
• Ability to conduct safety, CPR techniques and first aid training program.
• Specific technical requirements are:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Senior Safety Engineer in construction operations.
• Must have the ability to perform with minimum supervision and work cooperatively with Construction Department staff and contractor personnel.
• Provide professional safety support to the Construction Department as necessary during construction phases.
• Must have or be able to obtain Saudi Driving License.
• Must be fluent and be able to effectively communicate in both spoken and written English skills.
• Knowledge of computers and basic software applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.