Job description / Role
Operating in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East for over 30 years as one of the leading industrial players in the region and has activities in construction & engineering, oil & gas, petrochemical, utilities, power & electrical, telecommunication & IT, trading, and manufacturing. RAWABI Holding Company comprises various subsidiaries and several associated companies.
- The main purpose of the Safety Officer's job is to ensure the Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) management system is established, implemented and maintained.
- To ensure the HSE requirements are fulfilled
- Know and understand company's safety policies and procedures.
- Conduct worksite daily inspection, prepare reports and corrects unsafe conditions and practices.
- Surveys work area for safe work compliance and adequacy of medical facilities.
- Immediately stopped work of imminent danger and discussed with the area supervisor any safe work methods and precautions.
- Assists supervisors in the conduct of "Tool Box Meeting".
- Set a good example.
- Issues Incident Reports, and monitors and conducts follow-up activities on the corrective and preventive action taken on detected safety violations.
- Ensures promotion awareness of Health & safety requirements throughout the organization.
- Monitors the status of fire extinguishers refilling, fire hydrant system, smoke detectors, fire alarm coordinates its maintenance.
- Assesses potential accidents as near misses in system.
- Controls the documents relating to the Health & safety management system.
- Follows all applicable procedures and work instructions.
- Maintains records based on "Control of HSE Records" procedure.
- Coordinates with other departments.
- Performs other task that may be assigned (only if trained on the task).
- Stop and co-ordinate for correcting safe work practices in case of any violation.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as assigned by his/her direct manager
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone and presentation
- Complies with established health and safety guidelines and procedures and ensures the health, safety and welfare of self and others
- Identifies and reports to management any Health, Safety or Environmental risks and makes suggestions to address these risks and co-operate with his/her supervisor's instructions.
Physical Requirements of the Job - If Applicable:
- The job of the Safety Officer may requires local travel
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Education-Minimum diploma in Industrial health, Safety & Environment & IOSH Managing Safely
- Training-Trained fire fighter and first aider
- Skills-Very much convergent with all safety accessories operating and maintenance, at least 2 years of experience as safety officer in OHSAS 18001:2007 Certified company
- Computer Application Knowledge(M.S. Office, M.S Windows , etc)
- Others-Communications skill in English.
All your personal information will be kept confidential.
About the Company
Rawabi Holding, through its fully owned subsidiaries, joint ventures and partnerships with international market leaders, focuses on four core sectors:
Oilfield Services, Contracting & Industrial Services, Offshore Services and Retail. Through these divisions, we provide a diversified range of products and services to a variety of industries: oil, gas and petrochemicals; marine; engineering and construction; power, telecom and IT; corrosion and industrial services; logistics; and consumer products. Although varied and distinct, all our offerings share the same commitment to quality, service and excellence that make them part of the Rawabi Holding family.
Rawabi Holding is a purpose-driven company that exists not only to generate profit, but also to improve everyone and everything we can. From customer projects and employee development to our impact on the communities in which we work, Rawabi Holding is propelled by an unwavering energy to make everything we touch better. No matter how great the challenge or how complex the problem, we face it head-on to deliver proven results.
RTC-1 Employment Services
Health & Safety Officer
Nakheel Riu Deira Island Hotel
Rotary Engineering Pte. Ltd.
RTC-1 Employment Services