Job description / Role
Safety Supervisor experienced in provision of professional safety discipline support and application of safety policies and procedure to the program projects with particular emphasis on the safety requirements of the Construction Department on all Royal Commission Construction projects. Responsible for monitoring and inspection of on-site safety measurement activities. Provide safety technical guidance to the Contractors, RC and SAPL Safety Engineers
The Safety Supervisor is a member of the Safety Team professional staff. Reports directly to the Safety Manager to receive administrative and technical direction in terms of project objectives. Interfaces with other Royal Commission Departments, End Users and other Department’s staff, and occasionally with Senior Management and client representatives. Daily contacts with Contractor’s on-site engineers and Management staff.
Major Activities Performed
• Provides initial safety indoctrination and safety technical guidance to the contractor’s safety supervisor/engineers, evaluates working conditions and recommends improvements in safety practices and procedures.
• Schedules site inspections/visits with the contractor’s safety supervisor/engineers. Documents violations to minimize recurrence and prepares accident reports.
• Sees and recognizes on site safety hazards. Makes systematic inspections, audits and determines requirements for safety.
• Develops and implement a safety program to prevent or correct unsafe site conditions.
• Develops random safety sampling techniques and identifies construction safety violations and suggests corrective actions.
• Identifies and investigates elements of an accident: unsafe conditions and unsafe acts. Record injuries, fatalities and incidence rates.
• Receives direction and objectives from the Director, Construction Department and supervises implementation of those consistent with the Royal Commission safety policy.
• Coordinates/Communicates with contractors, RCM’s / RCE’s to rectify / resolve safety issues. Provides safety training to other engineers.
• Identifies applicable safety standards according to Saudi Arabian Labor and Workman Law.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Sciences but preferably in Civil or Mechanical / Electrical / Structural Engineering from recognized western university with minimum of ten (10) years post-graduate professional experience.
• OSHA 10 and /or OSHA 30 are desirable.
• Possess computer literacy and capable to operate current computer safety programs.
• The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
• Ability to conduct safety, CPR techniques and first aid training program.
Specific technical requirements are:
• Minimum six (6) years’ experience as safety supervisor or equivalent, in construction operations.
• Must have ability to perform with minimum supervision and work cooperatively with Construction Department staff and contractor personnel.
• Provide professional support to Construction Department as necessary during construction phases.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.