Job description / Role
Our client, a diversified company primarily operating in the retail sector requires a Sales & Operations Manager. This role is based out of their Al Arass office in the Qassim Province and will report directly to the Vice President (Sales and Operations).
The incumbent will be accountable and responsible for the overall direction of the Sales and Operations Function for the organisation with regard the planning, development, implementation, execution and evaluation of sales and operations plans and programs in the market so as to drive and deliver on the sales strategy and ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of overall product sales aimed at maximising market share, improve customer intimacy and achieve the sales, profitability and new business targets of their consumer food brands (currently at 30+ stores nationally and expanding at a rate of +- 50% per annum).
• Develop and execute the overall sales and operation strategy as well as implementation of the sales plan, budget and tactics in the market and in the stores.
• Develop, implement, execute and evaluate the sales plan and forecast and strategy in line with overall business strategy.
• Actively monitor market/customer/product/taste trends and consumer behavior/needs/buying patterns so as to suggest interventions to capitalise on opportunities and manage products optimally.
• Ensure the implementation of brand strategies, merchandising and tactics to generate sales in the market.
• Accountable for the overall sales forecast for all stores and regions in line with budget, consumption and trends in coordination and cooperation with Planning, Finance, Manufacturing, Production and Supply Chain.
• Ensure optimal store management as it relates to all the commercial conditions and activities in the stores such as health and safety, hygiene, merchandising, cash management, POS, customer engagement, stock planning, product availability, receiving, orders, product mix, in-store promotions and discounts, team coverage, product life cycles, expiry dates, margins, statistics, trends, history, sales, business, product analytics, effective waste management, employee performance and all financial and other key performance indicators.
• Support and engage with the sales teams, branch/area/shop/retail managers and teams so as to understand trends, customer; behavior, complaints, queries, satisfaction and engagement. Develop the business through new and value add initiatives such as customer loyalty programs and or seasonal promotions and campaigns.
• Overall responsibility for equipment and store maintenance as well as the optimal management of assets.
• Manage store and product loss, expiries and waste at optimal levels and ensure planned stock rotations and consumption.
• Develop insights and intelligence into the competition and develop strategies to understand and challenge competitor behavior and products.
• Execute market development opportunities including market intelligence, customer insights and new business development.
• Suitable candidates will have a Bachelor or Master’s degree complimented by extensive experience (10 years+) in retail and or FMCG with proven experience developing and leading a team to success.
• Strong project management skills and ability to manage tight timelines.
About the Company
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. We are the experts at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Our Middle East office was founded in December 2005, headquartered in Dubai UAE. We deal with clients in the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and other key areas in the region. Our consultants sector-specific knowledge and unique understanding of the local market allows us to offer an exceptional level of service across all divisions.
We currently recruit for roles in the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Architecture, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Legal, Office Support, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Sales & Marketing.
As part of our continuing expansion, we have opened a dedicated Abu Dhabi desk to further assist with our client needs across the region.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Regional Sales Manager
Regional Sales Manager - Mobile Phones
HR Source Consulting
Regional Sales Manager
L'Oreal Middle East