Job description / Role
At Mövenpick Hotels& Resorts, our Sales professionals are ambassadors of the engaging service and authentically local experiences we offering places of unrivalled presence. Develop your market and lead a passionate team as Director, Sales, where you're interpersonal, service and entrepreneurial strengths will ensure exceptional operating results and guest satisfaction.
Department Overview: The Sales department plays a crucial role by implementing strategic plans that expands the hotel's customer base and ensures its strong presence between the competitors. In addition, sales is in charge of achieving revenue growth and hitting sales targets by emphasizing the hotel's USPs and authentically local experiences that further enhances the guests encounter.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Sales, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Direct and manage all activity related to the Sales department, ensuring all service standards are followed
- Responsible for all Sales Colleagues' achievement of individual goals
- Direct all sales initiatives for the hotel
- Provide guidance and direction in the development of segment action plans
- Be responsible for account management of key market segments
- Ensure the achievement of sales objectives on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Review sales contracts, considering the number of rooms, average rate and total revenue objectives of the hotel
- Participate in select sales activities both on and off property
- Set individual room revenue and/or room nigh goals
- Manage any Sales Incentive Programs
- Ensure the integrity of key accounts, the key prospect data base and monitoring of the sales software programs for accuracy and thoroughness
- Prepare an annual budget for approval and administer that budget in a fiscally responsible manner
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous senior leadership experience within sales required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and\\or relevant computer applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.