Job description / Role
Sales Representative CVG, South Zone, KSA
Careers that Change Lives
Achievement of unit and revenue goals of the business in South region of KSA. Assist the Region in achieving overall revenue and market development objectives. Gain/increase market share by promoting, selling, and servicing Medtronic’s products and services within the Central South region.
A Day in the Life
We offer you a position where you will
- Utilize sales calls, field visits and individual or group meetings and telephone contacts to:
- Educate and develop distributors and/or their employees [or Medtronic employees] in sales skills, product knowledge, teamwork, time and territory management, competitive knowledge, and career goal pursuits;
- Coordinate and implement sales and service efforts;
- Communicate corporate, geography and regional/area mission, goals and activities;
- Direct and motivate distributors and/or their sales force [or Medtronic employees] to achieve unit and revenue goals;
- Provide ongoing feedback/coaching and regularly scheduled performance reviews – where appropriate]. Implement corrective actions where necessary.
- Provide regional/area coverage that might stretch beyond working hours
- Managing budgets and forecasts;
- Ensuring efficient, effective use training & Education budget and marketing expenses under guidance from the geographical Business Manager.
- Provide feedback of marketing intelligence to sales and marketing management business unit.
- Develop ethical, long-term customer relationships and represent Medtronic management to customers – including the training and education of both existing and competitive customers to gain incremental business
- Ability and consistency in conducting structured field visits to the assigned geography. Frequency of visits should be sufficient enough to ensure market coverage whether in the cities or the peripheries.
- Actively looking for initiatives and execution tools that ensure and maximize the growth in therapy penetration.
- Actively monitoring the business and helping the unit to come up with innovative ideas to protect business margins and maintain business operations in accordance with corporate policies in respect to pricing, quotes, credit terms, expense reporting and Quality guidelines.
- Follow the best practices guidelines before and after the sales support
- Maintain thorough knowledge/awareness of competitive products/business strategy
- Initiate marketing strategies and coordinate actions to influence the market
- Maintain the Business Development databases
- Create and implement a co-ordinated Business Development strategy targeting new clients in the region
- Leverage on the regional presence of the company’s kingdom-wide branch network to expend business by line and volume
- Manage sales development of the company and negotiate with trading partners and government entities
- Analyze sales patterns and market growth to enable targeted sales, marketing initiatives and strategies
- Undertake business development activities which help ensure the company is properly positioned in the segments which drive future growth
- Maintain and strengthen the excellent commercial relations of the most important clients in the market and identify new opportunities
- Support marketing activities, including trade/scientific shows, mailings, etc.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and clients
- Identify industry and market trends by researching and proactively screening the competitive landscape
- Locate or propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners discovering and exploring opportunities
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential and financials, evaluate options, resolve internal priorities, and recommend solutions
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions, examine risks and potentials, estimates partners' needs and goals
- Good knowledge of office directed software
- Ability to be a team-player
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivation ability
- Stress resistant
- University degree in a medical, pharmaceutical, or any other health-related field
- Strong experience with a multinational or leading regional pharma/healthcare company and strong knowledge of local cardiovascular market
- Strong knowledge of local healthcare markets and networking with the localhealthcare authorities
- Track record of leadership in achieving revenue, cost, profit or other operating results
- Good understanding of country business environment in pharma/healthcare industry
- Good understanding of medical aspects of commercial pharma/healthcare business
- Ability to create internal and external relations and ability to work cross-functionally within
- Action oriented – takes the initiative, gets projects off the ground and achieves results
- Works well with other people, relates to them in an attentive and adroit way, listens, communicates and resolves conflicts constructively
- Clear verbal communication, well-formulated and has an absorbing manner in private meetings and in front of small and large groups. Receptive to the person he/she is talking to and adapts to the situation
- Entrepreneurial spirit, business sense, drive and self-motivated
- Independent, a self-starter, a business developer, and have a strong analytical background
- Strong follow-up skills
- Periodic International and Local travel
- Valid Driving license
Is this the position you were waiting for? Then please apply directly via the apply button!
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life.
We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team.
Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives.Help us shape the future.
Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Medtronic - both in the lives of others and your career. Join us in our commitment to take healthcare Further, Together.
About the Company
Medtronic is the global leader in medical technology - alleviating pain, restoring health and extending life for millions of people around the world.
Medtronic's mission is:
To contribute to human welfare by application of biomedical engineering in the research, design, manufacture, and sale of instruments or appliances that alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life.
To direct our growth in the areas of biomedical engineering where we display maximum strength and ability; to gather people and facilities that tend to augment these areas; to continuously build on these areas through education and knowledge assimilation; to avoid participation in areas where we cannot make unique and worthy contributions.
To strive without reserve for the greatest possible reliability and quality in our products; to be the unsurpassed standard of comparison and to be recognized as a company of dedication, honesty, integrity, and service.
To make a fair profit on current operations to meet our obligations, sustain our growth, and reach our goals.
To recognize the personal worth of employees by providing an employment framework that allows personal satisfaction in work accomplished, security, advancement opportunity, and means to share in the company's success.
To maintain good citizenship as a company.