Job description / Role
Amazon Payment Services (APS) is a trusted online payment service provider enabling businesses, governments, SMEs, startups and institutions with innovative payment options in UAE, KSA, Egypt, Jordon, Qatar, Lebanon & Kuwait. Amazon is growing its external payments operations aggressively in Middle East and Africa. In this context, the sales team is looking for Sales Specialist – Inside Sales who will engage with Small and Medium Online merchants in the kingdom to explain and integrate the APS product line into their website and apps. Primary mode of engagement with be over phone, hence you should be an effective communicator, quick to learn new tools and systems, and flexible in the face of changes. Our environment is fast-paced and requires someone who is comfortable working in a deadline-driven environment.
The ideal candidate will be innovative, tech-savvy, team oriented, an effective communicator, have a desire to participate in change and appreciate a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities. We are seeking someone with demonstrated history of successful sales and using data to identify and prioritize opportunities. At the same time, a solid understanding of, and passion for, technology, and ability to debug and analyze technical problems is absolutely needed.
This position is based in Riyadh, KSA
• You will qualify incoming merchant enquiries and screen the merchant for online payment readiness
• You will consult the merchant on their payment requirements and position the Payfort payment solutions to the merchants
• You will support merchants through the whole on-boarding process from registration, through integration, to launch.
• You will support the sales channels by generate leads and driving registration of these leads.
• You will review and enforce integration quality, work with merchants to create test cases to validate integration quality, and ensure integrations are smooth and do not cause negative customer impact.
• You will support the product teams to determine the right priorities for product improvements.
• You will support the launches of new programs and features.
• Educated to a degree in a business or in a technical discipline with 2+ years of work experience in E-commerce, Fintech, SaaS domains
• Demonstrated track record of success in a sales role
• Passionate about digital payments, e-commerce and sales
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills with the ability to face external and internal partners in a professional and mature manner, and strong ability to handle objections
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment
• Graduate Degree in a technical or in a business discipline
• Experience in e-commerce, retail or with payment systems in MENA region
• Work experience in an account management position or similar
• Advanced computer literacy especially in Microsoft Office applications
• Experience in data analysis, either professional experience or through your education
• Excellent written spoken communication in English
• Fluency in Arabic
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.