Job description / Role
Work Area: Presales
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Purpose & Objectives
SAP Ariba Sourcing and Procurement software makes procurement awesome and accelerates and automates businesses procurement processes, proactively ensuring compliance, and cutting costs with our procurement applications for businesses large and small.
Through its industry-leading business network and cloud applications, SAP Ariba is fuelling a whole new way of doing business. One that is more connected and collaborative than ever before.
The SAP Ariba Presales Senior Specialist possesses advanced/expert level knowledge of Procurement software solutions, and participates in sales cycles across the MENA North region as well as MENA South as a member of the account team in support of the sales account strategy. The selected candidate will be part of the MENA presales team and will be based in SAP's office in KSA. The successful candidate will have a firm grasp of SAP Ariba cloud solutions.
The role involves interacting with prospective customers through executive meetings, discovery conversations, solution demonstrations, compelling executive presentations and follow-up discussions. The emphasis of the role is to provide value to prospects and customers through the SAP Ariba solutions, thus supporting the sales cycle. The role incorporates leading teams of presales specialists on larger sales cycles. In addition to deal support, a Presales Senior collaborates with sales to plan account strategies.
Expectations & Tasks
- Compose and deliver sales presentations covering SAP Ariba to prospective customer audiences. The presentations must articulate the sales message, differentiate SAP Ariba, and leave a strong and positive impression to audiences which can include senior company executives.
- Prepare and deliver software demonstrations in support of sales cycles. Preparation includes personalization of demos to meet the needs of prospective customers and personalization of demos to ensure delivery of a simple, appealing and compelling presentation
- In advance of a demonstration or key presentation, conduct discovery sessions with representatives from the prospective customer to identify and understand key pain points which will determine the value drivers and solution enablers for the presentation.
- Reinforce the business value of SAP Ariba through creation of compelling presentations, demonstrations and participation in value engineering engagements.
- Stay up to date with the latest SAP Ariba solutions apps and network as well as industry trends. Maintain a close understanding and appreciation of competitive solutions.
- Lead teams of presales specialists on larger sales cycles.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of SAP Ariba and appropriate industries in order to maintain credibility with prospective customers. Provide proof points with relevant customer stories.
- Complete sections of SAP Ariba responses to RFIs and RFPs.
- Post-sale, communicate the business requirements to the project/implementation team to ensure a smooth transition.
- Support for opportunities in MENA North as well as MENA South
- Participate in the Procurement Solution Hub and contribute to EMEA opportunities when needed.
- Collaborate with sales teams to participate in various one-to-many lead generating activities.
- Participate in marketing events such as SAPPHIRE, SAP Ariba Live, SAP Insider, and conferences for specific industries or solution areas.
- Support other marketing activities, including presenting at events for the solution, developing reference customers, competitive positioning and analysis
- Be proactive in identifying and supporting marketing opportunities such as local user groups to help develop customer references
- Develop and execute business development initiatives working with partners where appropriate including working with partners
- Collaborate with the sales team to identify whitespace opportunities at accounts
- Collaborate with sales teams to plan account strategies through participation in informal and formal account reviews.
- Develop close relationships with SAP Ariba sales team and the wider sales teams in order to promote effective sales methodologies and the introduction of new products.
- Participate in demo system design and planning and assist in configuration if needed.
- Participate in new product release input, testing and training of peers.
- Serve as a champion of SAP Ariba and provide knowledge transfer to colleagues as needed.
- Share in-depth knowledge and experience with direct team to enable decision-making and provide innovative solutions to complex business issues
Education & Qualification / Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor degree equivalent - minimum requirement
- Presales experience
- Solution specialist or equivalent customer facing experience in areas appropriate to the job
- Demonstrates 5-7 successful engagements leading small teams on small to mid- sized deals
- Expert knowledge/expertise on end to end processes/solution matching
- Experience in sales and sales processes
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English and preferably Arabic
- Eligible to live and work in KSA.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.