Job description / Role
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
SAP Ariba is the world's largest business commerce network. We help companies extend their business commerce processes into the cloud, where they can use our solutions and Ariba Network to work more efficiently and effectively with their trading partners. Together with SAP we are combining the best of both companies to fuel a whole new way of doing business in today's networked economy.
The Solution Sales Director's primary responsibility is to strategically engage with Account Executives to sell SAP Ariba SRM solutions and related services to prospective and existing Fortune 1000 enterprise and mid-size customers in the East Region, accurately forecast the business for their sales geography, and effectively develop the skills and capabilities of their respective sales team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership in the planning, designing, due diligence and implementations of strategic business objectives in order to successfully reach sales goals
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the team
- Identifies, creates, sustains and manages business relationships with select companies to develop solutions and/or create complementary products/services
- Defines mutual goals and objectives and builds awareness and support of overall strategic benefits and alliances
- Supports Account Executives in the Building of relationships with key executives and decision makers within assigned accounts
- Provides direction to form strategic account plans, including customer profiles, targeted programs, forecast reports, and action items
- Develop, share and maintain an in-depth knowledge of all key competitors
- Assume full responsibility of quota attainment as agreed to and communicated by the SVP, GM NA.
- Minimum of 8+ years of successful enterprise sales experience with a proven history of quota attainment preferred
- Past software experience in the following areas including Business Analytics, Sourcing, Reverse Auctions, Order Management/Procurement, Finance, Contracts and Supplier Performance strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
Basic Minimum Qualifications
- 2 + years of successful sales management experience required
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Sales and Account Manager
Manpower Middle East