Job description / Role
The Scheduling Coordinator is key in optimizing vessel schedules, monitoring operational performance, and ensuring effective communication with partners and stakeholders. This position is responsible for maintaining schedule accuracy, coordinating schedule amendments, and providing valuable input for network deployment decisions.
Our client is a confidential organization within the logistics and supply chain sector with the vision of becoming a leader within the sector and market.
* Create, and update coastal schedules.
* Collaborate with marine manager and port agent / husbandry agent to optimize vessel schedules, considering factors such as capacity, customer demands, and operational efficiency.
* Review vessel positions against the schedule during sea passages, ensuring alignment and timely arrivals.
* Monitor the schedule of partner-operated vessels, maintaining coordination and communication for seamless operations.
* In coordination with local operation agent team / husbandry agent - liaises with the terminal operator to ensure the most optimal berthing lineup for incoming vessels and proactively monitors ETA and ETD progress.
* Monitor the Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) of incoming vessels, providing regular updates to internal teams and stakeholders.
* Communicate the vessel schedule, including departures and arrivals, to vessels and partners, ensuring timely and accurate information sharing.
* Coordinate canal transit bookings (e.g., Panama, Suez) with local agents, ensuring smooth passage and adherence to schedule.
* Responsible to update the schedule IT tool with latest ships update, insure geofencing is accurate and update to insure seamless automation on berth and unberthing time.
* Trigger recovery actions to bring vessels back on schedule (e.g., Performance Standards Monitoring, Vendor Compliance, collaboration with partners).
* Provide valuable input for Proforma design, schedule reviews, and overall performance improvement initiatives.
* Collaborate with internal teams to request speed-ups, considering operational requirements and customer demands.
* Create voyage based on Long-Term Schedule (LTS) for mainline operations, including Vessel Sharing Agreement (VSA) considerations.
* Communicate update Long-Term with all stockholder.
* Coordinate schedule amendments related to bunkering and repairs, ensuring minimal disruption to operations.
* Provide schedule input for deployment changes, contributing to the optimization of network resources and service levels.
* Attractive salary package and benefits structure
* Opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing team and organization
* High Diploma degree in business, Logistics, or a related field.
* Proven experience in network execution, vessel scheduling, or similar roles within the shipping or logistics industry.
* Strong understanding of vessel operations, schedule optimization, and performance monitoring.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.