Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking an experienced Scheduling Engineer to join our Project Management Team (PMT). Saudi Aramco Project Management Teams are directly responsible and accountable for the delivery of best in class capital projects assigned to specific departments. PMT is directly involved in executing and managing projects safely, on schedule, within budget and to the highest standards of quality and compliance. This will involve engineering design, procurement and construction of various sizes, types and complexity of small, medium to multi-billion dollar mega size projects. Currently, some of these mega projects include the Marjan Increment Program, the Crude Oil to Chemicals Program, the Gas Compression Program, the Berri & Zuluf Increment and AMIRAL Program.
Project Teams are assembled in multiple site offices geographically scattered throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to deliver these best-in-class projects. There are various new projects, as well as, expansions requiring qualified personnel and are under recruitment.
You will be required to perform the following:
- Complete resource loaded schedules in order to ensure standards of productivity are utilized in the schedule.
- Collect all timing data in order to plan and schedule the full scope of WORK.
- Work with Design Consultants and Engineering, Procurement and Construction Contractors in developing baseline critical path schedules and progress measurement systems.
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure that contractors can use to develop their baseline schedules and progress measurement systems that enables subsequent reporting in the Saudi Aramco systems.
- Understand and follow schedule management best practices.
- Prepare all presentation materials to convey the plans and schedules to the project team and stakeholders.
- Assist the project team with evaluation of reported progress and status of critical activities with particular attention to deviations from planned activities.
- Participate in project team meetings including financial forecasting session to ensure schedule and cost alignment.
- Assist cost engineers with timing information in order for cost forecasting accuracy.
- Understand cost weightings as it applies to progress systems for reporting weighted progress reports.
- Update, revise and detail schedules as projects progress through development and execution stages including updating the schedules based on earned-value data from the Field Construction Analysts and other sources of construction tracking and reporting information.
- Develop and record the project's historical schedule information and lessons learned.
As the successful candidate you will hold a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from a recognized and approved program.
You will have a minimum of twelve years' experience with at least ten years' Experience specifically performing the development of baseline critical path schedules (Using ORACLE Primavera software version 15.2 or later) and progress measurement systems in order to plan, update, track, analyze and report WORK performance for all phases of the project.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.