Job description / Role
In recent years, industries have been disrupted and transformed by digital technology. As a design and innovation consulting professional, you will be responsible for ensuring that the development team adheres and follows the agreed Agile process, delivering exciting products and services for our key digital transformation programs.
As organizations look to leverage the advantage that technology offers, we are committed to helping you develop the right skills that you’ll need in today’s environment. Working on programs that cross borders and sectors, the experiences you gain here will be more valuable than anywhere else. So, whenever you join, however long you stay, the outstanding EY experience lasts a lifetime.
We’re looking for a Scrum Master to join our team in our Riyadh (KSA) office.
This is a hands-on role in which you will be responsible throughout the entire lifecycle of product development. We want someone who can coach the team, the product owners and the clients on the scrum process, identify ways the team can optimize the delivery flow and increase capacity as well as build a high performing, self- sustaining team.
If you’ve managed the delivery of multi-disciplinary projects, have collaborated with a broad range of stakeholders and championed agile processes and framework, then this role is for you.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Maintain the scrum team capacity plan, scrum board, sprint backlog, velocity charts and burn down charts
• Facilitate daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings
• Address and eliminate impediments that require support from other teams and guide the team on how to remove impediments and provide appropriate issues escalation to the necessary levels
• Manage risks and issues proactively, including resources, costs, and systems, and recommend appropriate solutions
• Ensure teams achieve their objectives keeping the team focused on their goals
• Responsible for coordination between teams (DevOps, Architects and other Scrum Masters) and assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency and collaboration
• Support Product Owners, especially in regard to developing, refining and managing the product backlog
• Guide and coach scrum teams to follow Agile/Scrum principles and practices and reinforcing SAFe framework
• Ensure scrum teams are using best practice agile delivery tools and templates for all processes including documenting and tracking user stories
• Report on the status of delivery using agreed reporting metrics e.g. burndown
• Create and maintain documentation
Skills and Attributes for Success:
• Experience of managing Agile projects and personal responsibility for delivering projects
• Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to adapt to different tools or processes as the situation requires, and to suggest improvements or alternatives when warranted
• Strong mediation and negotiation skills
• Ability to foster an environment of collaboration and accountability
• Effective and efficient written and verbal communication skills and excellent attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize according to business/ clients’ needs
• Proactive in solving problems
• Manages budget and ability to achieve cost targets
• Effective stakeholder management and communication
To qualify for the role, you must have:
• 4+ years of relevant experience in Agile development including coaching on agile methodologies
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related fields
• Expert level proficiency with common project management tools such as Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Teams
• A high proficiency in verbal and written English
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• A high proficiency in verbal and written Arabic
• A dedication to teamwork and integrity within a professional environment
• Experience within the government and public sector
What we Look for:
• A highly motivated person who is open-minded with the ability to run engagements, embrace ambiguity and accept feedback and constructive criticism to realize optimal delivery. A confident individual equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization.
• The right candidate demonstrates propensity to learn and share knowledge with the team, fosters an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment and plays a role in nurturing and mentoring juniors within the organization.
What Working at EY Offers
EY offers an attractive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to be an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can positively demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region