Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Security Architect must serve as technology and solution advisor with pragmatic experience in Industrial Security Systems security as well as IT security. The Security Architect will act in many ways as technology consultants that can speak to the security landscape, architectural models and solutions credibly, and possess the ability to discuss and present technical security solutions primarily focusing on OT/ICS environment to senior members of a client team.
The architect needs proven knowledge and experience with Industrial Control Systems Security components to include but not limited to Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Intelligent Electronic Device (IED), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), and Remote Terminal Units (RTUs).
The ICS Security Architect should also be able to speak to the breadth of an entire security program landscape at an introductory level as well. The architect will provide subject matter expertise through delivery of workshops, as a member of consulting engagements, and as leader on solution design and deployment projects. The architect should be knowledgeable in solution design methodologies such as The Open Group Architecture Framework, SABSA etc.
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- The ability to lead large groups and be a primary facilitator
- Effective written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a project based / client serving model
- Ability to lead and shape client expectations
- Help drive pursuits and engage in complex deals, matching outcomes to expectations
- Ability to work easily with diverse and dynamic teams
- Ability to work in a matrix management model
ICS Security Skills:
- Depth of knowledge in Industrial Control Systems Security
- Solid understanding and experience working a structured solution design methodology
- Understanding of regulatory compliance requirements (NERC CIP, NIST CSF, ISA/IEC 62443, ISO 27000 Series, PCI, GDPR)
Candidates must be willing to travel as required, including international travel. Prefer candidates with Secondary Language Skills but must speak and write in English fluently.
Key Job Details
- Country: SA
- State: AR RIYAD
- City: RIYADH
- Category: Architect
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type: Professional
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Regular
- Req ID: 290986BR
- Location: RIYADH, AR RIYAD SA
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 3 years experience in ICS/OT security environment
- At least 5 years experience in cyber security consulting
- 3-5 years of experience working as security architect
- Experience working with diverse teams to facilitate solutions
- Experience in delivering security risk assessments, developing control frameworks & security patterns
- Experience in designing \\ architecting enterprise security solutions
- Experience in Security Governance, Security Process, and Security Policy and Standards design
- Ensure quality delivery as per IBM/client requirements
- Knowledge and some experience working with emerging ICS Security products such as Nozomi, CyberX, Verve, Indegy, Claroty, and/or Check Point Software is a plus.
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)