Job description / Role
Leadership received from (directly):
Leadership received from (indirectly):
General Manager / Talent & Culture Leader
Security - Supervisor
Our Vision, we make moments
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the "moments" business. We're intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer term partnership.
It doesn't take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
- Under the supervision of the Security Manager and/or Talent & Culture Leader and within the limits of the established Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts policies and OSM (Operational Standards Manual), his/her responsibilities are to provide vigilance in the area deployed for safety and security of guests, employees and resort property by preventing entry or exit of unauthorized men and material, in order to maximize organizational profitability in an atmosphere of T&C Leaderwork and high employee morale.
- You will be responsible for maintaining security and safety of the hotel property, guest and employees by constant vigil in and around deployed areas and assist the Management in supervising and implementing the Operational Standards as well as the Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts "Standards for Security"
- The Security Supervisor will ensure the safety of Guests, T&C Leader Members and Hotel property through a professional and efficient daily operation.
- The service must be sincere, warm and with enthusiasm ensuring that all guests have quality security and safety systems available to them
- The Security Supervisor pro-actively leads his own T&C Leader as well at the Contracted Security manning.
- The Security Supervisor is part of the ERT T&C Leader as first responder to any emergency.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning & Organizing:
The Security Supervisor must be thoroughly familiar with all Accor & Mövenpick Hotels and Resorts corporate and local Operational Standards ensure they are adhered to as well as the responsibilities and goals as outlined below:
- Keep the Security Manager, General Manager/T&C Leader informed of all security related matters.
- Liaise with Management as well as employees and assist with security problems and loss control.
- Liaise with local law enforcement and Fire & Safety officials as required.
- Adhere to the Hotel's grooming and appearance standards.
- Show full cooperation and respect both within the T&C Leader and other departments
- Is aware of the hotels daily activities and has extensive product knowledge of all the hotel services & facilities
- Training of Security employees in all regulations and factors affecting the operations of the Hotel e.g. Fire prevention and safety procedures, basic firefighting, preservation of crime scene and evidence, actions, duties and powers where crime is detected, action in crisis situations and report writing.
- Supervise the daily processing and distribution of security reports to the Management, T&C Leader.
- To be trained and prepared for all emergency situations as per procedures.
- To evaluate on a continual basis the possible threat to security.
- In close coordination with the Engineering department, to conduct regular preventive maintenance of all safety equipment.
- Supervise all employees in the use of their proximity cards/biometrics, located at the security office at the staff drop off point.
- Strictly controls the entry and exit of the back-of-the-house for contractors, visitors and suppliers. Visitor passes to be issued and controlled.
- Frequent control and supervision of all security posts, including CCTV room.
- Ensure all staff are thoroughly familiar with the Hotel/Apartments emergency procedures and in a state of preparedness for any emergency which may occur.
- Execution of regular/ technical skills training.
- Review of Duty Manager/Night Manager daily report daily and take corrective action when security is concerned.
- Review Security logbook daily and takes action if needed.
- Maintains a monthly overview of vacation and public holiday balance of all security staff
- Be familiar with all related company documentation and especially with the relevant Operational Standards Manual for his/her field of responsibility
- Keeps updating the emergency manual, with appropriate procedures and forms with the consultation of the Director of Security
- To train existing and new employees on a regular basis with live fire drills.
- Ensure that all staff is thoroughly familiar with the Hotel emergency procedures and is well prepared for any emergency which may occur.
- Execution of regular technical and skills training
- Is familiar with all related company documentation and especially with the relevant Operational Standards Manual for his/her field of responsibility.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Security logbook: A daily copy of the security logbook needs to forward to the General Manager, T&C LEADER, FOM, Night Manager and any other department concerned.
- Contractor/Visitor logbook: Any visitor; supplier; contractor and/or moving company needs to report to the security office to receive induction on emergency procedures as well as receiving a pass. All relevant details need to be recorded in the visitor's register.
- Key register: All keys that in the care of security needs to be recorded in the key register.
- Incident/Accident reports: Any incident/accident that took place on the property must be recorded in the form of incident/accident report.
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to revise all job descriptions from time to time as business needs demand. Other duties may be assigned as & when necessary. The above-mentioned job description attempts to outline key aspects of the role, however, does not limit its right to assign other duties to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.