Job description / Role
As an Account Support Associate (ASA), you'll be a key member of our Business Support Services (BSS) team. The ASA program supports a wide range of service lines (Assurance, Advisory, Tax and Transaction Advisory Services), making this a great place to gain exposure to new skills and progress your career.
You will work directly with high-level client-serving professionals (partners/principals, executive directors, senior managers and managers) to drive project management and engagement coordination for EY's key account client-serving teams. You will drive efficiencies for the account teams and reduce time to provide services to clients, with a focus on maintaining the applicable professional standards.
Your key responsibilities
You'll likely balance your time between both project management and analytics. We'll also look to you to audit and manage budgets and expenses, along with compliance and due diligence. Other key responsibilities include
- Provide database support for EY's global web-based Client Relationship Management (CRM) system InterAction
- Add, edit or delete staff and client contacts and opportunities within the CRM database
- Administrative support for engagement code set up, engagement code maintenance using CRM, GIS Process for Acceptance of Clients and Engagements (PACE) and Global Financial Information System (GFIS), as required
- Assist in producing engagement correspondence such as Statement for Work (SOW) and engagement letters as requested by client facing staff
- Assist in the day to day business operations of engagements and communicate with the team accordingly
- Acts as the point of contact for the business operations of an engagement; client acceptance process coordination, family tree relationship reporting, GFIS code activity, etc.
- Monitor engagement calendar around planning, review and closing meetings and independence reviews
- Provide engagement team with relevant PACE or InterAction reports to be added to the Engagement file
- Follow up with clients on outstanding fees and coordinate with the Dispatch team for collection of invoices
- Track and monitor client billing, credit collection, time and expenses and update Engagement Partner/ Manager
Skills and attributes for success
- Manage stakeholder expectations, project plans and communications, and provide status updates as needed to continuously advance service delivery
- Gain a strong knowledge of the service line and the engagement, EY's structure, key personnel and EY's policies/procedures
- Act as the knowledge manager for the engagement team, managing internal databases and/or portals designed to facilitate global team communications and coordination of go-to-market strategy
- Take complete ownership of engagement economics (e.g., hours/budgets/estimates to complete, fees, billings, Work in Process spreadsheets), proactively collaborating with relevant team members to resolve any issues that arise
- Collaborate with the account team, business development and resource management teams to achieve team goals
- Coordinate risk management processes, such as engagement letters, client continuance, independence, family tree, preapproval and other regulatory requirements
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong data analytics and Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent listening, influencing, interpersonal and presentation skills
- A results-oriented approach to drive improvements in engagement economics (financial systems, relationship management tools, revenue pipeline, sales cycle reports, risk assessments)
- An ability to effectively manage concurrent projects and prioritize multiple tasks, including multi-location coordination
- The capability to meet tight deadlines, performing fine-quality work and diligent follow-up
- The ability to summarize and conclude activities, applying appropriate documentation standards and lessons learned
- The capacity to protect confidential and proprietary information
Ideally, you'll also have
- A background in a direct client service role
- A bachelor's degree
What we look for
We're most interested in people with big ideas who aren't afraid to voice them. You'll need a proactive approach to work and the curiosity to seek out new challenges without being pushed. If you're ready to make a real contribution to our goal of building a better working world, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
- We offer a competitive compensation package
- Ownership for your area, in a culture that encourages people to speak up and challenge the status quo
- Career support from some of the most engaging colleagues in the business
- The ability to take on different responsibilities and learn new skills
- The freedom to provide excellence in a way that's suited to you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region