Job description / Role
• The Executive assistant is responsible for providing council & administrative assistance to ensure that functions of the General Manager’s Office & Overall Corporation are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
• The role involves interacting and working with members of Senior Management on regular basis.
• Provides support and council to the General by conducting research, business analysis, preparing statistical reports, producing reports & presentations and tracking initiatives from inception to completion.
• Furthermore, the incumbent is anticipated to develop management framework and processes along with managing, tracking and monitoring progress of activities critical to the General Manager’s office on daily basis.
• Additionally the incumbent should be capable of performing oral & written interpretation and correspondence, as well as, performing administrative functions, such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for all executive activities; preparation & coordination, schedule, travel, record keeping, agendas, GM report package, minutes, correspondence and presentations.
• Performs business analysis of various key performance indicators of the company and publishes data to all concerned parties.
• Plan meetings and coordinates visitor activities for the GM office.
• Research and assist with the preparation of proposals, policies and procedures.
• Reads and analyzes incoming memos, submissions, and reports in order to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
• Prepares expense reports, memos, letters, budget proposals and other documents, using Word Excel, Power Point and/or software.
• Reviews company operating practices and procedures in order to determine whether improvements can be made in areas such as workflow, reporting procedures, or expenditures.
• Interfaces on behalf of the GM with all internal and external counterparts, customers and suppliers;
• Schedules appointments, phone coverage, travel assistance, filing, etc.;
• Prepares documents and presentations for monthly and quarterly reports (Business Area Reviews, monthly reports, etc.);
• Attends staff meetings, issue meeting minutes, and manages action item follow up.
• Makes travel arrangements for the company executives.
• Interprets administrative and operating policies and procedures, finds out background information for documents before review with GM and gaining approval;
• Provides other admin support to GM. as needed, including speech and document translation.
• Maintains confidential records and files.
• Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Building Customer Loyalty
• Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
• Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and actions.
• Engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
• Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
Contributing to Team Success
• Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
• Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
Managing Work (Includes Time Management)
• Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
• Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification.
• They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Air Products Values
• All Air Products divisions are committed to the effective use of the AP Values.
• It is important that all employees understand and utilize these values when performing the duties of his/her position.
• Quality encompasses all aspects of AP’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system.
• All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.
• Honest and trustworthy.
• Willing to work long hours.
• Respectful & Presentable.
• Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
• Flexible and works according to the needs of the organization.
• Demonstrate sound work ethics.
Education and Experience
• University degree in business, English language or related discipline, with minimum 5-7 years experiences in an executive assistant, business analyst or related job
• Good spoken, written English and Arabic.
• Ability to articulate well coupled with strong influencing skills.
• Good communication, interpersonal and decision making skills.
• Effective written, verbal & listening skills.
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
• Good planning, monitoring & reporting skills
• Outstanding report writing and presentation preparation skills
• Attention to details and high level of accuracy.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.
• A good team player & have excellent team building skills.
• Knowledge of project management processes, techniques or methodology is a plus.
• Comfortable in an unstructured and fast-paced environment.
• Self-starting, pro-active at gathering information & understanding an issue.
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
Saudi Orix Leasing Company
Administration & Operations Executive
A Leading Educational Organization in UAE
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||29 Jul|