Job description / Role
As we roll out the Next Wave Strategy across EY and with our MENA Service Lines starting a new journey with a bold purpose of building a better working world by transforming business through the power of people, technology and innovation, the role of a Senior Finance Associate becomes even more critical to ensure that firm liabilities are correctly stated at any given point & balance sheet reflects the correct position of vendors.As we expand our MENA service lines, we have identified the need to have additional support in the finance functions.
Your key responsibilities:
• VAT reporting – you will be supporting in preparation of monthly VAT returns, general ledger (GL) reconciliation and payment allocations. This includes sample check to ensure the compliance especially with Accounts Payable.
• Witholding Tax (WHT) reporting - Including monthly WHT return preparation, supporting reports, GL reconciliation and payment allocation. WHT certificate to be prepared on a monthly basis.
• Income Tax and Zakat report – Helping the wider team with the preparation of Tax Return supporting schedules
• Financial Statements - Support in preparing schedules for external Audit
• Bank reconciliation - Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and clear any pending uncleared transactions
• Regulatory reporting - Support in managing various adhoc requirements from regulators / management reporting.
• Balance Sheet Supporting Schedules - Support in preparing quarterly schedules for management submission.
Skills and attributes for success:
• Ability to solve problems and provide credible solutions
• Confident to challenge where appropriate
• Strong analytical and numeracy skills, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Good time management skills and able to balance multiple priorities by considering risk, importance and level of urgency
• Eagerness to learn quickly, be proactive and share knowledge
• Well-developed listening skills combined with the capability to apply judgment and seek guidance when escalation to a functional expert is appropriate
To qualify for the role, you must have:
• Used to working in a fast-paced environment with a strong work ethic
• 4+ years of relevant experience ideally in a professional services firm
• Able to interact well with people at all levels within the firm and build strong relationships
• Having strong knowledge of MS Office Packages. Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word in particular.
• Having excellent communications and organizational skills.
• Detail oriented and eager to analyze and solve complex cases.
• Have a finance related degree, studying for an accountancy qualification or experience working for a professional service or consultancy environment.
• Be innovative, confident and creative thinker with ability to make quick decisions.
Ideally, you will also have
• A business/commercial degree or post graduate.
• Experience in budgeting and account forecasting.
• People management and development experience.
• Great knowledge of market activities.
• Good business-related experience background.
What we look for
We are looking for people who can combine, great listening skills, collaboration, influencing and commercial acumen. Being able thrive in an ever changing, diverse, multi-cultural environment where we expect exceptional quality and show passion for your work will set you up for success.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region