Job description / Role
Distinguished by its excellent reputation of being one of the top engineering consultancies in Saudi Arabia, the company provides engineering, architectural and interior consultancy as well as other services.
They are currently looking for a BIM Manager to be based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide an Ability to manage different professions of the design team for their different needs in BIM – i.e. architectural, structural & MEP
• Ability to provide assistance on all BIM related issues/queries
• Ability to create training sessions to help enhance members of the team’s ability in BIM – whether that be group sessions or individual sessions
• Attend regular design team meetings to provide BIM updates and requirements and to help generate accurate fees/timescales for BIM outputs
• Attend client and site meetings when required
• Provide weekly reports to the Design Director on progress of all BIM projects including the current progress and state of the models so this can possibly be fed back to the client by way of an update
• Further develop the current BIM documentation/data – i.e. BIM Protocols, BIM Execution Plan, Families library, Template files, Training manuals etc.
• Identify clear strategies of how we should plan and perform a BIM project
• Responsible for BIM standards development, implementation and development
• Stay up to date with the latest BIM/Revit changes and incorporate them into how we work
• Provide quality control for all models/drawings produced in BIM
• Oversee daily the production of all work in BIM across all professions providing assistance when required
Qualification & Requirements:
• Previous Minimum 5 years using BIM/Revit
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the same/similar type of role
• Experience in Mixed use Residential, Retail, Commercial & Leisure projects is preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
• Certified professional user of Revit or similar
• Candidate must be based in Riyadh or willing to relocate to Riyadh
• Good working knowledge of the Architectural & Design industry.
• Exhibit drive, attitude, and enthusiasm.
• High level of computer literacy.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• Good basic understanding of Construction Law.
• Good knowledge of design processes and systems.
• Clear verbal communication skills by way of training sessions.
• Be self-motivated in attaining position objectives and in seeking new responsibilities and challenges.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering