Job description / Role
Air Products is looking for a Senior Civil & Structural Engineer to work in the Engineering organization located in their office in Dhahran Techno Valley, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The work to perform is anticipated to be executed from the DTV office in Dhahran. However, the candidate can also be assigned to jobsites like JIGCC in Jazan, supporting maintenance and operation projects of that facility. The successful candidate will be required to have a good approach to health, safety and environment and can work across multi discipline teams as well as different cultures around the world. We are looking for a candidate with good communication skills in both verbal and written English and all-round flexibility to commit time and effort to achieve project requirements. The ability to travel on a planned basis and interfacing with other engineering offices in the UK, US, India and China is a requirement.
The successful candidate will work independently and serving in a lead position on projects, in which he/she reports to the Project Manager and in the matrix organization to his Line Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Knowledgeable technology resource or the Civil & Structural engineering and design work.
• Be the Lead Civil/Structural Engineer on a Project to manage the delivery of the civil and structural scope either by managing a team in house (KSA), undertaking the work by himself or executing using a local outsourcing design Contractor.
• When using a local Design Contractor
• Be able to develop the scope of work for local outsource design Contractor.
• Assess the suitability of the documentation to be issued to the local outsource design Contractor for the detail design.
• Be able to monitor the detail design work outsourced to local design Contractor to given time frame and to review the design Contractor’s work to meet the Project’s requirements.
• Develop the upfront work for projects to establish the design basis for the Civil and Structural scope. (Topological surveys, geotechnical investigations, drainage strategy).
• Provide guidance and oversight for ‘design and build’ contracts for site buildings (e.g. compressor houses, prefabricated rooms).
• Develop the scope of work for the civil and structural construction Contracts. Provide technical support during bidding process and construction.
• Interface with local authorities and implement local requirements and legislation in all related project documentation
• Involvement with proposals for future work such as estimating man hours and quantities for construction costs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• The Senior Civil/Structural Engineer shall hold an engineering degree in Civil Engineering and be a chartered engineer of a relevant international recognized Institution (such as the ICE or IStructE in the United Kingdom).
• Civil and Structural experience in a Process Design Industry is preferred.
• An overall 10+ years’ experience in the civil and structural engineering field is required.
• A proven track record is required as Lead Civil and Structural Engineer showing completion of the scope to budget and schedule.
• Experience in the following would be expected:
• Foundation design both shallow and piled for a variety of structures - dynamic equipment e.g. compressors, building foundations static equipment and Piperack structures
• The detail design of drainage services.
• The structural design of steelwork structures such as pipe racks, buildings.
• Some understanding of geotechnical terminology and principles to aid discussions with geotechnical specialists to appreciate ground conditions.
• Appreciate the duration for various civil and structural tasks to assist in preparation of project schedules.
• Knowledge of Saudi Aramco standards and procedures is recommended
• Bring experience to suggest new economical ways in designing the work – identify problem areas in the work practices and suggest improvements based on feedback and own previous experience.
• Design of modular structures (piping modules, equipment skids).
• Have knowledge in the use of industry wide design software package – STAAD-Pro.
• Use of various international design standards – AISC, IBC, ASCE, Euro codes.
• Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Building Customer Loyalty
• Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
• Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and actions.
• Engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
• Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
Contributing to Team Success
• Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
• Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
Managing Work (Includes Time Management)
• Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
• Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AIR PRODUCTS VALUES
All Air Products divisions are committed to the effective use of the AP Values. It is important that all employees understand and utilize these values when performing the duties of his/her position.
Quality encompasses all aspects of AP’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
Civil, Structural / Architectural Engineer
Senior Civil Engineer / Inspector
Dar Al Handasah Nazih Taleb & Partners (DAHNT)
|Abu Dhabi||3 May|
Civil Constructions Engineer
|Saudi Arabia||23 Apr|
China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC)
|Abu Dhabi||12 Mar|