Job description / Role
- Executing company’s credit policy within their area of responsibility and ensure credit policies are adhered to
- Minimise credit exposure by faster and effective recoveries of overdue balances prior to legal stage
- Act as a point of contact and management on an assigned portfolio of long-overdue and complex debt customers accounts
- Maximise revenue by controlling the flow of accounts to recoveries and litigation
- Daily review and analysis of progress and actions for, overdue balances, reconciliation and allocations on portfolio of accounts
- Rehabilitation of accounts prior to legal stage. Collect outstanding balances from nominated debtors including negotiating settlement payment in consultation with Head of Legal.
- Register and allocate incoming payments to the appropriate debt collection files to accurately reconcile payments
- Visit customers as advised by the Head of Legal Recoveries
- Contribute to the preparation of debtor files including creating a chronology of facts, preparing and submitting dunning (warning) letters, written claims, recording customer responses, preparing memos and proposed course of legal action
- Work with the Head of Legal Recoveries to review debtor accounts and determine the appropriate enforcement options based upon the case circumstances. Initiating legal actions for debt recovery if necessary
- Liaise with third party debt recovery agencies and legal agencies. Monitor legal agencies performance and diary notes and pursue updates on actions
- Issue legal proceedings against companies and individual debtors
- Follow up on the progress of legal cases
- Weekly reporting to Regional Head of Legal Department on all portfolio accounts.
- Monthly/Weekly cash collections forecasts
- Assist the Debt Recovery Paralegal to produce month end debtors’ information
- Monitor enforcement activities and update “Rep Portal” daily to ensure all activities/meeting and customer negotiations are up to date.
- Strong track record in a senior credit control position handling complex debt recovery cases
- Strong knowledge and experience of legal credit control processes
- Computer literate and confident in working with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Good written and spoken Arabic & English
- Driving licence
- Knowledge of the powered access, plant, construction or related industry
About the Company
Established in 1996, Rapid is the Middle East leader in powered access equipment rental & sale, and part of Europe's largest powered access rental company, Lavendon Group plc.
At Rapid, we offer wide range of MEWP's (Mobile Elevating Work Platforms), which offer a number of features making them particularly suitable for different types of applications.
- Steel Erection and construction
- Lighting and electromechanical maintenance
- Industrial and building maintenance
- Signage and Events
- Outside Broadcasting
- Telecommunications maintenance
- Facilities Management
- Airport, Ship and Highway Maintenance
As members of the team committed to providing strength on the ground and performance in the air we work with a simple business philosophy 'Your success is ours'.