Job description / Role
Project: A major mixed-use development project in Saudi Arabia.
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking senior commercial manager to join our established and growing team in KSA.
The role will be managing and directing a team of quantity surveyors that assist with the evaluation and negotiation of construction contractor change orders and claims.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Setting-up cost control systems.
• Advising on procurement strategy.
• Reviewing and commenting on tender documents, bills of quantities, unit rates, cost estimates and participate in tender evaluation.
• Preparing timely estimates for construction contract packages.
• Preparing tender documentation.
• Performing procurement and tendering tasks.
• Preparing supporting documentation for monthly reporting to facilitate clients in assessing project financial standing.
• Conducting regular site visits to check and record materials delivered to site, works progress achieved, change orders executed and etc.
• Reviewing the contractors’ payment applications and supplier monthly invoices and participate in the timely preparation of monthly payment requisition.
• Keeping the head informed as to any changes made in the field through coordination with engineers and supervisors.
• Conducting change order meetings to progressively settle change orders with the contractors.
• Ensuring evaluation of change orders is determined in accordance with contract conditions.
• Assisting in settling contractual disputes and analyse claims and extensions of time.
• Finalising the project account.
• Attending and chairing meetings/workshops as required.
• Performing any other project related duties and responsibilities as stipulated in the agreement.
• With a relevant degree qualification, you will take personal development seriously and be chartered or pursuing a similar level of professional qualification.
• You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and provide support to strong, motivated teams.
• You must have experience of programme or project management equating quality and value with the individual client and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package that includes a competitive salary, private medical insurance, 1 volunteer day a year and other location-specific allowances.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Saudi Arabia||15 Dec|
Contracts Manager - Construction