Job description / Role
Atkins/Faithful+Gould/Acuity are seeking to expand the commercial team based from Riyadh, KSA.
- Contract interpretation and advice/action;
- Contract mark-up and negotiation;
- Client and stakeholder management;
- Executive level reporting;
- Managing and assisting technical teams to prepare Sub-Consultancy agreements;
- Contract storage and management;
- Reporting on project performance;
- Leveraging project commercial performance - revenues and costs;
- Identifying and preparation of potential Claims and Extensions of Time.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying / Law/ Engineering from recognised University;
- Must have previous experience of FIDIC Contracts;
- Strong contractual, commercial and financial knowledge;
- Min 10 years post-contract relevant capacity in contracts and commercial management;
- Must have consultant and/or client background for minimum of 5 years;
- 3 years Middle East experience preferred;
- Project management acumen;
- Good communication skills;
- Team player, team leader.
- Degree in relevant discipline.
- In-depth knowledge of KSA contracts;
- Able to mark-up and suggest changes to clauses to mitigate risk to the company;
- In-depth knowledge and experience commercial management of Buildings / Infrastructure mega projects;
- Middle East project experience in last 4-5 years preferable;
- Good contract, commercial and financial understanding, 10 years post qualification experience;
- Excellent written English for preparation of task orders, contractual letters and communications;
- Good Claims preparation skills;
- Good negotiation skills to agree sub-contracts with third parties;
- Large company & project financial control systems use & understanding;
- Good attention to detail and ability to review invoices and contracts prior to issue.
- Professional Membership preferable (MICE, MRICS, MCIPS);
- Knowledge of KSA contract law;
Rewards & Benefits:
- We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants;
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes. Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering consultants, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).