Job description / Role
Nature and Scope
This position is accountable for the Engineering functions in support of the EMEA Engineering teams within the Middle East Region; Local team will include Machinery, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Process, Controls and Civil Engineering, will perform role of Project Engineering Manager for project and proposals. Accountable for the successful execution of the engineering and design functions within the direct reporting lines, whether the work is executed internally or externally.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The candidate will take responsibility for control and instrument engineering on projects. Specific project related responsibilities will include:
• Participation in P&ID development;
• Production and maintenance of instrument summaries; Specification of process control equipment including control valves, relief valves, flow measurement devices.
• Process instrumentation; and design, specification and configuration of control and analytical systems including DCS, PLC, SCADA and Analyzer systems.
• The role will further include proposal estimating, planning of project process control activities and the reporting and forecasting performance.
The candidate will be expected to be self-motivated, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills enabling them to work well within a multi-disciplinary design team located in multiple geographies and to liaise directly with suppliers and clients. Some international travel for inspection, construction contractor supervision or commissioning will be expected from the successful candidate.
Education and Experience
• Possess a Degree in Chemical Engineering or Control and Instrumentation Engineering or in an equivalent related subject and will have or be working towards membership of a relevant professional institution.
• Should be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the design and implementation of control and instrumentation systems for process plants.
• 5 to 10 years of experience gained working in an engineering design or operating organization, preferably within the Process Industry.
• Relevant practical site experience whilst not essential would be of benefit
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.