Job description / Role
The Senior Cost Engineer should be aware of all financial matters and maintaining quantity books and shall work in close coordination with Lead Cost Engineer. He shall also advise the Project Manager regarding financial matters.
• Achieve the highest standards of professional competence and to demonstrate this ability in all dealings with clients and professional contacts, reinforcing the profile of the company.
• Produces cost estimates at the concept, scheme and detailed design stage.
• Oversee the production of a detailed BOQ for tender.
• Manage the tender process, review and analyze tender returns and prepare a recommendation to the client.
• Input into value and risk management workshops as required by the client.
• Reviews and compares scopes of work, production rates, and cost data.
• Preparation of earned value reports.
• Evaluates and negotiates final accounts settlements.
• A minimum of 15+ years’ experience is required in the Cost Engineering field; ideally, applicants would have spent significant time working on large scale Building projects with a focus on residential, mixed-use developments and retail.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying or Civil
• Accredited MRICS member (or working towards membership)
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering