Job description / Role
To develop, conduct, and participate in technical studies involving process modeling and diagnostics to support the company’s production operations and provide technical support to regional operations, ESPS, Roto-flow, and global technology teams on deploying equipment/process condition monitoring and IIOT technologies
The job holder is a member of the Process Intelligence Center (PIC) team which is a highly specialized staff of professionals who provide advanced plant data analytics, process monitoring and diagnostics, dynamic process modeling, and advanced controls support to regional operations, ESPS, and Roto-flow teams. This position is in Saudi Tech Center in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia and reports to PIC team lead in Dhahran. This position also collaborates closely with the global Smart Systems team based in Air Products’ corporate headquarters in Allentown, PA, USA.
The job holder is responsible for developing, conducting and participating in technical studies involving industrial gas process and product development with emphasis on process modeling and diagnostics. Primary internal clients are in the company’s operations in Middle East, Egypt, and Turkey. The job holder will also support ESPS and Roto-flow clients in the region. The job holder works independently on key projects, but most often participates in team efforts. A typical project will require the job holder to understand the flow of an industrial gasses process, aid in establishing the goals of a research study on that process, formulate a custom-made and cost-efficient plan to achieve those goals, decide on an appropriate method of analysis, and report the results in a clear fashion. Frequently, the goal of such a project is that of process deviation root-cause-analysis, and the job holder must be familiar with associated techniques of both a first-principle and data-driven nature to provide effective technical assistance. The methodology employed in any problem may be a classical one, but often, the problem will dictate the development of a creative methodology which is not found in the literature.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide integrated consulting services in statistical modeling, numerical analysis and computational engineering sciences to the internal research, engineering and operations communities.
• Perform applied research on new engineering modeling capabilities for process and product improvement and coordinate the introduction of pertinent technologies with the Smart Systems team in Allentown. Work with universities and external research organizations as required.
• Develop mathematical models, solve numerical problems, write specific code as needed, and effectively perform applications testing to ensure robust performance.
• Communicate technical results to a wide audience in a manner that the solution strategy and business impact are readily understood.
• Teach in-house courses on topics including, Regression Analysis, Multivariate Quality Control and Reliability techniques.
• Experience with Statistical Design and Modeling techniques, SIGMA methodology, process monitoring and fault diagnosis technologies, Statistical Quality Control (SQC) and Reliability Analysis.
• Strong knowledge of the state-of-the-art methods in data sciences, numerical analysis, simulation techniques, and statistical sciences.
• Programming skills in Python/R/MATLAB platforms or other data mining tools.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills are a must.
• Proficiency in English is required. Arabic proficiency is highly desired
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Job holder is expected to have a PhD or Masters degree in Chemical / Industrial / Mechanical Engineering with background in applied statistics, engineering sciences and modeling techniques.
• Preferably 3-5 years of work experience in industrial problem solving with emphasis in analyzing chemical process systems. Master’s degree candidates with strong technical training and experience in relevant areas will be considered.
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.