Job description / Role
The overall responsibility and duties under this role is to manage, guide, recommend, advise, instruct the master plan designer, the preliminary design consultant (if any), the appointed PMC’s / Contractors and O&M teams during all the design phases (conceptual to final), during construction implementation and report possible design issues and recommendations to the client.
• Moreover, advise the client on Master Planning requirements for design, construction and operational stages that align with the program requirements and the general program vision.
• This role will have full oversight of the Design Management team and all activities related to Sitewide Master Planning.
• Overall coordination and leadership of the Design Management team, aligning on scope, identifying and filling the gaps and focusing on priorities.
• Effective management of integrated Master Plans, coordination with other Township Master Planners and any of the sub-tier master planners inputting into the overall Township(s) along with seamless integration between the districts ensuring that all design teams are made aware of the Master Plan requirements and are held to account to deliver in accordance with their remits.
• Managing the production of plot and block regulations by the Master Planners and fully adopted and incorporated in the Township(s).
• Prepare and review scope briefs for procurement of Master Planner design consultants, align with the development leads in support of the consultant procurement process.
• Prepare briefs for master plan support roles and identify and fill scope gaps.
• Work with the employer’s team to build an effective permitting roadmap based on executive level discussions in respect to self-administered permitting.
• Monitor PMC and consultant’s resolution of permitting issues relating to plots at programme level, communicate priorities, risks, issues and changes across programme.
• Manage and monitor (where managed by Township PMCs) the stage gate submittal process and monitor deliverables against tracking schedule, review consultant’s dashboards, schedules and coordinate high level issues log against what was committed.
• Monitor risk and mitigation plans across the programme, highlight key areas that have potential to impact successful design progression.
• Master Planners, PMCs and programme level consultants; tracking master plan alterations and amendments e.g. changes to ROW’s and plots access service roads etc.
• Impacts to delivery, jointly highlighting risks with mitigation strategies, coordinate plot and programme wide consultant’s respective activities.
• Responsible for effective communication between stakeholders through regular meetings across Townships (where more than one being managed), districts, plots and programme, control of the information repository within the PMIS including plot development criteria, brand standards, site information and other critical requirements to facilitate the design process.
• Conduct periodic specific review meetings with Township PMC(s) and design teams, capture areas of concern and escalate as required. Ensure that programme level consultants are engaging effectively with Township teams.
• Report weekly on key master planning accomplishments and concerns, highlight risks that could impact the programme delivery.
• Periodic analysis of design review process, ensure that consultants are complying and report on any non-compliances.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).