Job description / Role
- Based on the project site, monitor the performance of the Design Consultant to ensure the Design correctness and completeness as well as compliance with the scope of work requirements.
- Ensure that the Design Consultant(s) have considered the end user’s requirements as stated in the statement of requirement.
- Control and manage the Senior Discipline Engineers of the Project Management Team in respect of Design aspects.
- Evaluate and endorse the variation orders/concession request submitted by the Design Consultant(s) for the Client's approval.
- Attend all meetings with Design Consultant(s), its sub-consultants and Client's Meetings
- Review and comment on all drawings and documents submitted by the Design Consultant(s) and ensure the incorporation of all revisions on all documents.
- Assist, monitor and ensure timely submittals of all documents from the Design Consultant(s) to all government departments until final necessary permits are obtained to proceed with the works to final completion.
- Coordinate with regional / home office for technical support required to ensure the correctness and completeness of the Design.
- Review and report to Client all Design Consultant(s)’ monthly reports including area of concern and recommended plans of actions.
- Review the Project Strategy and provide a recommendation to the Client.
- Prepare a questionnaire for pre-qualification of the Construction Contractors, carry out the pre-qualification and recommend a bidders’ list.
- Lead PM Disciplines in replying to clarifications, issuing bulletins and attending technical meetings with bidders during the Tender stage.
- Minimum requirement of a Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering (or similar) from a recognized university
- Master Degree is preferred but not essential
- Previous experience delivering the infrastructure on a large mixed-use project (minimum of 3 years on the same project)
- Minimum of 17 years’ experience coupled with at least 7 years’ experience working in a design management position for a consultancy or design firm.
- Minimum of 5 years’ site-based project delivery experience on projects from inception to completion.
About the Company
Ignite is a specialist Construction and Property Recruitment Consultancy. We are experts in the Middle East and Asia markets which we service from our offices in the UAE and UK.
Our consultants operate in a niche market making them experts in their sector. This allows us to offer our clients and candidates expert market knowledge whilst building long term relationships.
We pride ourselves on recruiting Construction and Property staff of all levels and disciplines. We offer the same high quality service whether you are recruiting or seeking work from Engineer through to Company Director level.