Job description / Role
• Establish BIM implementation strategy for construction projects.
• Optimize design and downstream construction processes through the implementation of BIM and VDC concepts beyond 3D modelling and conflict resolution.
• Plan, manage and maintain the 3D BIM data and complexity of content to meet project deliverable requirements.
• Embrace a holistic approach and strategically plan for BIM execution in green building projects.
• Manage all drawings (e.g. Shop drawings, Layout Plans drawings and As-Built drawings) with all respective trades (e.g. Architectural, Structural, MEP and Specialist Sub-contractors works), as well as to resolve all design issues and de-conflict clashes in BIM drawings.
• Lead and support the projects’ BIM Team(s) including managing of subcontractors’ BIM Team(s).
• Attend and chair design technical meetings with Clients, Consultants and Sub-contractors.
• Engage project teams to innovate and leverage advanced tools to solve project problems.
• Assist the QS department in variation order claims related to design changes.
• Develop a training program for design managers and engineers to improve the use of BIM authoring tools.
• Any other duties that may be assigned.
• Degree in Architecture / Engineering / Construction or relevant field.
• Minimum 3 years of proven experience working in Lead Disciplinary role
• Proficient in Auto Cad, Revit / BIM software in Architectural / Structural / MEP and other visualization and simulation applications.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering