Job description / Role
• Responsible to supervise execution of the electrical work within allotted time, productivity, quality and safety standards and in accordance with specifications and drawings.
• To ensure conveyance of information on drawings to the site Supervisory staff with sufficient clarity to ensure understanding.
• Responsible for coordination and milestones including, planning, engineering, construction, commissioning and handover.
• Problem resolution, in advance of impact on the works and interface with other departments in the Construction Management Team.
• Able to review and interpret the Electrical specifications along with overall MEP specifications.
• Assists in the introduction of new methods of construction, equipment, and machinery to improve the construction process.
• Manages, expedites, and supports consultants’ and construction document submittals, budgets, and schedules.
• Operates in an environment conducive of logistic planning and productivity measurement.
• Coordinates with the MEP Construction manager, Project Manager and Superintendent/Foreman to optimize allocation of manpower, material and equipment for assigned projects.
• Responsible for the timely delivery of required site forms including all Material delivery notes (with authorized signature and ID number),
• Master Labor Card, and Daily Activity Report and other information as required for Projects Control.
• Coordinates with procurement team to order material and equipment as needed.
• Implements the safety rules and regulations are communicated to the workforce and that they are fully enforced
• Monitors all project team construction works, subcontractor works to ensure their compliance with the job specifications and time plan.
• Ensures controlled material/equipment wastage at site.
• Responsible for monitoring and analyzing labor attendance and productivity.
• Prepares look-ahead schedules for electrical works.
• Assists MEP manager in updating progress on site to Planning on a weekly basis.
• Ensures his site image is in compliance with Company standards and policies.
• Assists in the issuance of information required for the weekly and monthly progress reports and progress photographs.
• Translates look ahead programs with MEP manager to working schedules for the site supervisory staff.
• Maintains a digital photo data base of the site to meet record requirements and management defined marketing needs.
• Conducts daily meetings with site supervisors to organize work scope for the day/next day.
• Records changes for the delivery of As-Built Drawings for his projects.
• Assists with the development of new Engineering standards and maintains and improves existing standards and guidelines, implementing industry and company best practices.
• Acts as a subject matter expert regarding some electrical engineering activities.
• Interacts closely with internal teams to ensure that project needs and objectives are met.
• Prepares engineering scope documents, exhibits, budgets, specifications, schedules, and Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
• Leads or participates in project meetings and conference calls.
• Produces quality engineering plans, studies, and specifications while ensuring compliance with department, project, company, utility, regional electrical entity, and industry requirements and standards.
• Participates in engineering, design, and construction review processes.
• Leads and conducts value-engineering studies of alternative design approaches.
• Interprets plans, specifications, drawings, and documents related to engineering and construction.
• Leads or assists with investigations of electrical-related issues, including root cause analysis as needed.
• Additional duties as required.
SAR 15,000 to 20,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Experience with requirements of KSA SEC, and Civil Defence would be an added advantage.
• Knowledge on all international Electrical codes/standards like NFPA, NEC, IEC, IEEE, NEMA, BS, SASO, SBC, etc., and other codes related to trade.
• Detailed engineering and construction process knowledge in electrical, ELV and BMS services for hotels, commercial and light industrial buildings.
• In continuation to above knowledge on below mentioned systems is sought:
- High Voltage 110 kV (distribution substations)
- Medium voltage 13.8 kV (Switchgear, Cabling, RMU, Relays etc.)
- Low voltage 0.38 kV, cables, bus bars, MDB’s, MCC’s, SMDB’s, DB’s etc.
- Small power
- Normal lighting
- Emergency lighting, Central battery etc.
- Public address system
- CCTV, Access control system & security.
- Parking management system.
- Building management system.
- Any other system that may be necessary.
• Outline knowledge of civil and architectural design.
• Knowledge of the overall construction processes and operating practices.
• Knowledge of the project planning would be an added advantage.
• Thorough knowledge on process involving design, selection, procurement, fabrication, installation, testing & commissioning of MEP services is required.
• Thorough knowledge of CAD, REVIT is preferred.
• Interpret drawings, safety training, computer skills and communications skills in English Language (read, write and speak).
• Technical Capacity
• Communication Proficiency
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Deadline Oriented
• Dynamic, flexible personality with the will to succeed regardless of the difficulties.
• Developed management skills with the ability to work as the as an integrated member of a team of managers, engineers and tradesmen making a positive contribution to team spirit, to complete projects with quality, on time and profit.
• Ability to analyze situations and make complex operating, administrative and procedural decisions.
• Execution excellence, team work, leadership and results orientation.
Basic Salary: SAR 15,000 - SAR 20,000 (based on experience)
• Housing allowance for family per month = [ (3 x Basic Salary) / 12 ] SAR
• Transportation allowance per month = 1,000 SAR
About the Company
Yousef Abdul Latif Jameel Group is a collection of firms that focuses primarily on real estate development and agriculture. Its real estate portfolio includes several lands in the Jeddah / Makkah region which include hospitality and commercial real estate. Its agricultural business currently cultivates more than 280,000 date palms using sustainable and environmentally friendly practices. Forward thinking, social and environmental consciousness are the fundamental principles uniting the YALJ group.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Lead ELV Engineer
|Saudi Arabia||6 Apr|
MEP Project Manager
Senior Electrical Design Manager / Electrical PD
The Highfield Company
|Saudi Arabia||15 Apr|
Senior Electrical Engineer - Site Supervision