Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East is currently looking for an Estimator/Senior Estimator to join a major mixed-use PMC project in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Provide estimate reviews and advise improving and enhancing estimating practices in house
* Prepare capital cost estimate plan based on project schedule and issue plan for review and implementation in a timely fashion.
* Review proposal specifications, and drawings, attend pre-bid meetings to help determine the scope of work and required contents of estimate
* Establish unit costs, labour rates, productivity factors and location impacts.
* Manage and coordinate the development of various types of estimates including scoping through to detail engineering studies.
* Review and incorporate applicable historical data, unit cost labour rates and labour units and man-hour figures for estimates.
* Collaborate with procurement, project engineers and other members of the project control team for tender evaluations and project cost forecasting.
* Develop and review capital estimates ensuring all estimates are produced to a high standard and in a timely manner.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* A Degree in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying, or related subjects.
* Minimum 10 years of post-graduate experience in estimating, project controls, and commercial management.
* Extensive experience with consultancies
* Previous experience in Project Management
* Hands-on experience in capital cost estimating in an estimator role
* Good knowledge of the design process and construction methodologies
What's in it for you?
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to
WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.