Job description / Role
• Works directly with the CFO and upper management on all aspects of the financial business:
• Responsible for all financial controls of the company and various audits, (UK. Government, External and Internal Auditors, and Saudi Audits).
• Manage and control over the preparation of payroll, billings, and accounts receivable activities.
• Manages and coordinates with the General Accounting staff to ensure that general ledger control accounts are reported on a monthly basis.
• Management of general ledger maintenance, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, annual audit, and preparation of required tax/zakat filings.
• Ensure professional relationship are established and maintained with Local and international stakeholders, colleagues and customers.
• Plan, evaluate, implement, and continuously improve all aspects of accounting functions and
• Maintains accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts; defining accounting policies and procedures.
• Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in training opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Guides the accounting team by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance.
• Minimum 4 years of progressive experience in Finance and Accounting.
• Comprehensive and thorough knowledge of Financial Accounting principles, policies, practice, and controls.
• Good organizing, negotiating and analyzing ability.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to read, write, speak, and comprehend the English language.
• Must be able to speak effectively before groups of employees or visitors
• Good operating knowledge of computers and using various computer programs
• To be successful in this role you should possess the following: Developing Budgets, Legal Compliance,
• Tracking Budget Expenses, Accounting, Managing Processes, Reporting Research Results, Management Proficiency, Coordination, and Attention to Detail.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering