Job description / Role
• Developing and executing health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
• Preparing and enforcing policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
• Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
• Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
• Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
• Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations.
• Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
• Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims.
• Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
• Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline
• Chartered or Professional Engineering certification or equivalent is preferred.
• 20+ years of safety experience, and/or two years technical training, and/or advanced medical certification required.
• First Aid, CPR and OSHA training preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in the engineering in a top tier regional / multinational engineering consultancy firm.
• Experience in the Middle East is preferred.
• In depth knowledge in the supervision consultants, ensuring that quality control procedures.
• Proficiency in spoken and written English; Arabic is an advantage.
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).