Job description / Role
Can you help societies thrive in a world we cannot control?
Can you anticipate the unforeseeable, perceive the unexplainable, and plan something unbelievable?
Can you design the unthinkable?
Can you think international and still act local?
WSP are looking for a Senior Hydraulic Manager based in Saudi Arab. The successful candidate leading the project, managing the deliverable identified under the signed contract and will act as the key focal and interface point.
The key objectives of the role will be to:
- Lead and managing the peer review team comprises of 8 staff to deliver the scope of services identified under the RFP
- Review the storm water drainage concept, preliminary and detailed design submissions at 30%, 60%, 90% and 100% completion.
- Approve the designs and reports.
- Produce progress reports based on the designer progress and % of completion in accordance with the approved base line program.
- Ensure that the submitted final storm water drainage designs are healthy enough to be tendered.
- Support during the tender stages.
How will you know when you are successful in this role?
- Client satisfaction – No adverse comments from the client side.
- Deliver the scope of services identified under the RFP in accordance with the set out milestones without delay and penalty charges..
- WSP management satisfaction – progress, maintain the monthly revenue and eventually achieve the set out profit margin% and no conflicts with the project team.
In order to meet the challenge you will have the following skills and experience
- A degree educated with BSc Degree in Civil Engineering (Water and Hydraulic Division) preferred.
- Minimum 18 years design experience in well-known international firms.
- Strong experience in designing storm water drainage networks, and flood protection measures.
- Experience of managing people and the pressure of working in a fast-paced environment.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.