Job description / Role
About the Senior ICT position
We are looking for a skilled ICT Engineer who will be responsible for design and implementation of functional and cost-efficient IT systems, in order to leverage technology to help the company meet its organizational needs.
You should have high analytical capabilities and have a good understanding of business needs. We also expect you to possess excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities as well as have hands-on experience with technical projects.
Main responsibilities are:
• Design and implement solutions that adhere to current architecture standards in order to support the systems and services used by the organisation
• Determine the extent to which solutions perform “as required” within the current environment to ensure that future solutions meet anticipated demand
• Ensure that installations are completed to time, cost and quality, so as to minimise operational and project risk and ensure costs are contained
• Ensure that the testing and handover of implemented solutions are conducted as per organisational standards, therefore reducing the risk and adverse impact of change
• Build and maintain efficient IT systems to meet business and technology needs
• Interact with stakeholders to understand their requirements
• Review and develop functional specifications
• Work together with developers to build and implement technology solutions
• Oversee the integration of multiple systems and reconcile needs of different teams
• Collect feedback from end users about system performance
• Develop and manage projects such as upgrades, hardware/software installations and so on
• Provide consulting and technical training services
• Stay informed about latest technology trends and developments
Main requirements are:
• 12+ years' experience of working on an ICT or other relevant position
• Significant experience in project management, with good understanding of business practices
• Good practical experience with databases, system security and troubleshooting
• Strong communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• BSc or BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant position
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).