Senior Industrial Skills Trainer
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
The Sr Industrial Skills Trainer role includes but is not limited to the following areas of responsibility:
- The candidate will complete the approvals and indoctrination process then as assigned the candidate will serve in either an Operational Firefighter development capacity within 1 of 6 Divisions throughout the country or as an Instructor at one of 3 Training Centers located throughout the country.
- The candidate will be tasked with curricula development and instructional design inclusive of needs analysis, grassroots development of fit for purpose instructional packages and test instruments based upon learning objectives, established standards and company need including e-learning/virtual learning, as well as in-person classes. The FrPD is 3rd party accredited for professional certification of its members and undergoes a continuous revision process in order to optimize talent development and maintain a high degree of operational readiness.
Candidates will be directly responsible for training and development of new recruits (APNE's), Aramco employees (Proponents), FrPD Staff, Community members, Contractors and Business Partners as assigned.
- The candidate shall lead instructional field teams, and ensure that training is delivered in accordance with the established curricula and evaluated based upon associated test instruments.
The candidate will coach, mentor and develop FrPD Instructors and Trainers in an effort to develop their career paths and succession opportunity.
The candidate will be expected to collaborate and contribute to facilitate peripheral activities such as budget forecasting, materials inventory management & procurement procedures, facility & equipment utilization, resource maintenance and repair, mentorship & mid-level supervision and safe working environment operations.
- Candidates will be assigned additional duties as necessary to support the training operations to include administration/IT, materials/inventory, facilities/equipment/apparatus maintenance, course registration, administration, certification and documentation, safety, inspection and housekeeping.
- The candidate shall support, enforce and abide by Aramco policies and FrPD GIs, SOPs and other valid superior issued directives.
Preference may be given to candidates who possess a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in a Fire-Rescue, Emergency Management or OH&S Field.
The department is seeking candidates with exceptional knowledge of fire ground operations in municipal and industrial settings. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of ten (10) years of frontline operational experience in a fire department serving municipal, petrochemical, refinery, gas processing, airport, marine port, structural, commercial, industrial and residential occupancies and a further minimum of five (5) years of experience in designing, developing and delivering NBFSPQ or IFSAC accredited certified fire training programs.
ProBoard and/or IFSAC Certification as Fire Service Instructor II are required for minimum candidate consideration as is NFPA 1001 FF-II, NFPA 1072 Technician, NFPA 1006 Rope, Confined Space and Vehicle/Machinery Rescue Technician, and NFPA 1021 Fire Officer Level-II.
Preferred consideration will be afforded to candidates who are Certified Fire Protections Specialist (CFPS) or hold IFSAC/NBFSPQ certifications in addition to those minimum job requirements inline with NFPA professional qualifications standards.
Bachelors Degree in either Arts, Applied or Science within the realm of Fire Science, Emergency Management or Occupational Health and Safety.
NBFSPQ or IFSAC Accredited certification is a condition of acceptance.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.