Senior IT Manager
Rider Levett Bucknall
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
• Undertake monitoring and surveillance of Construction Contractor's activities in respect of their IT discipline to determine compliance with the applicable specifications, standards, codes of practice and the approved construction drawings.
• Review the Construction Contractor's site generated data in respect of their IT discipline.
• Monitor the Construction Contractor's site work methods involving their IT discipline.
• Monitor and review Construction Contractor's proposals and activities in respect of the programming and resourcing of their IT discipline.
• Ensure all materials used and work performed are as per project construction specifications and oversee the selection and requisition of materials and equipment by review/comment/approval or rejection of Contractor’s material submittals.
• Monitor and certify, in liaison with other discipline engineers as necessary, the commissioning, testing and handover of completed works together with O&M Manuals, within their IT discipline.
• Monitor and review construction drawings, calculations and shop drawings so they are compliant with the Client’s Customer Specifications and industry elements, for the on-going service and capability deployments.
• Within their area of responsibility, ensure that the Project and Quality Plan and related Project Documents are prepared, implemented and updated through the respective phases of the project.
• Ensure that all Risks and Opportunities associated with the activities under their control are identified, communicated to the PM, and that the necessary risk mitigation and opportunity realisation actions are identified and implemented.
• In liaison with the PM, monitor on a regular basis site progress and actual against programmed start/finish dates for activities within their IT discipline.
• Prepare monitoring and surveillance reports and liaise with the PM in respect of the reports findings.
• Prepare, when directed by the PM, Technical Queries for submission to the Construction Contractor or FM Design Review Section as appropriate.
• Liaise with the PM on the preparation of Observation Notes, Non-Conformance Reports and on the Construction Contractor's subsequent proposals.
• Liaise and coordinate activities with each of the other discipline engineers as necessary.
• Liaise with, and report to, the PM as necessary in respect of the above items.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
• A degree in Information Technology or equivalent IT Industry certifications (e.g. Cisco) is required.
• Expert networking and communication skills used at a senior level with governments, customers, suppliers, partners and sub-contractors.
• Has achieved proficiency in SFIA level 2 Task of Business analysis or has gained substantial business experience (2-5 years), including some management or professional responsibility.
• Understanding of engineering, design and quality standards.
• Understanding of IT Structured Cabling standards, both fiber optic and copper.
• Ability to apply technical knowledge and expertise efficiently to resolving problems without the need to rely on others.
• Must have and be able to demonstrate sound oral and written two-way communication skills with the ability to be tactful, discreet and confident in dealing with people at all levels.
• Communication is key to success of any project so constant feedback and reporting of progress and issues will be required.
• This will be to any member of the project team as required by the nature of the task.
• A strong ability to influence and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Effective communication skills to be able to negotiate internally and externally across a range of levels and with high-level sensitivity to multiple audiences.
• Able to solve problems and make decisions in a dynamic way. The role requires analytical thought to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations, demonstration of sound commercial awareness during decision making and the ability to apply skills and knowledge to a range of problems and issues.
About the Company
RLB's 35-year presence in the Kingdom continues as we expand our services throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, working on projects in central, eastern and western provinces.
Our extensive expertise covers cost consultancy, project management, facilities management and claims services.
We provide expert management of the relationship between value, time and cost from inception to completion. We do this through our global and local team of experts, who possess a passion for both core services and innovation.
With 4,600 employees worldwide, Rider Levett Bucknall has a truly global reach, and with such scope can offer a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.