Job description / Role
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, Atkins Middle East is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
Due to our continuing expansion we currently have an opportunity for a Senior Landscape Architect on multi-disciplinary projects in KSA. Typically you will be involved with a range of high-profile projects such as the NEOM portfolio.
Working in a multidisciplinary team of designers and engineers providing a professional design service to our clients, this is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to develop their international experience with a world renowned consultant.
Must have proven design skills, and portfolio of work to substantiate. Will be capable of working on their own or within/leading a team of like discipline individuals and creating designs relevant to Middle East environment.
- Establish project scope and objectives,
- Organise and implement presentation of designs to the Client,
- Preparation and maintenance of programme for design review and ensuring its implementation,
- Financial management of the design,
- Identify and manage project specific risks,
- Set out / agree design standards and parameters,
- Monitoring quality of the work,
- Preparation of design changes,
- Appointment and management of all required sub-consultants or other services,
- Technical co-ordination with discipline heads.
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979. In July 2017, Atkins was acquired by SNC Lavalin and so it is now part of larger global group that can support the full range of project delivery, from inception to construction and final operation.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Rewards & Benefits
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance;
- Annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Our commitment to equality, diversity & inclusion
What does equality, diversion and inclusion look like at the SNC-Lavalin Group?
We believe in providing everyone with an equal voice because simply put, it's the right thing to do.
- Degree qualified with a professional affiliation
- Must have minimum 10 years relevant working experience in Landscape Architecture and site implementation.
- Solid understanding of bid/proposal preparation,
- Must be familiar with design, tender and construction processes,
- Good working knowledge of the following software: AutoCAD, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Sketch Up, Adobe CS5 (Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator)
- Understanding and working knowledge of sustainable design.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English essential,
- Ability to lead a design team (at least 3 to 4 staff at a time),
- Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a proactive way.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).