Senior Landscape Architect
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP is looking for a Senior Landscape Architect for a major project in Riyadh.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Be responsible for supervision of landscape works and to do the review & approval of all submittals as well as the technical supervision issues
* Assist the PMC team in performing the contractual duties on site
* Monitoring site with landscape consultants/contractors/subcontractors/vendors works and progress
* Handles and supervises all landscape works and ensures that installation activities are complying with contractual obligations and quality control standards
* Follow-up with consultants and/or contractors and coordinate with utility authority for approvals/ NOC's whenever required
* Receive material inspection requests from the contractor, inspect landscape materials at site and sign off requests
* Prepares / Supervise necessary documents for the completion of work and have them authorized by the consultants after inspection
* Supervise all landscape worksactivities for sitewide landscape projects
* Inspect the works of landscape items as per approved shop drawings suchas Layout drawings, General arrangement layouts and details
* Coordinate with Civil and Infra contractors for landscape works
* Coordinate with design team and resolve any discrepancies between IFC/contract drawings and civil drawings, provide necessary solution on site, Review and respond to RFIs Inspect the landscape works as per approved method statements and shop drawings. Material inspection and sign off and construction related design reviews
* To ensure the safety critical aspects of the project are identified and actively managed Assist ARE/RE in Closing the punch points & Handing over the works
* Assist in review of manuals, As Built Drawings, training plans, etc., places an emphasis on safe construction practices (Target Zero) and on maintaining a high quality of construction
* Leads by example in driving safe practices on site
* Ensures that the project quality control procedures are used for the construction supervision works and monitors it for improvement
* Assists in monitoring progress of construction against the program and takes steps to ensure the program is achieved
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* bachelor's Degree in a landscape Architecture or Similar Engineering with minimum of 10 years of experience as a landscape Architect and 5 years in a senior role working as a Project Management Consultant.
* Full membership of professional?Governing body is?desirable.
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognises that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.