Job description / Role
• To create and develop designs for landscaped environments for major land developments, public spaces, business parks, building sites, recreational lands, and private gardens, from initial concept through design development to detailed design and tender documents.
• The candidate for this position shall possess intuitive design skills, have a strong understanding in construction, demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of contract documents and be able to produce accurate and high quality working drawings.
• Suitable candidates shall have a minimum of 15 years’ experience in design of large landscape projects from concept and preliminary stages to construction documentation, some of which should have been gained in the Middle East and the GCC area.
• Candidates with a BA Honors degree or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture and post-graduate Diploma are preferred.
• In addition to a thorough knowledge of all aspects of landscape architecture, knowledge of coordination of landscaping works with associated engineering systems, including utilities, irrigation and external lighting is required.
• Good freehand presentation skills are essential.
• Strong knowledge and experience in local plant species
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, Revit, Civil 3D and SketchUp software
• Strong analytical skills
• Project management skills including project administration, scheduling and budget tracking
• Strong knowledge and experience with LEED or similar sustainability certification
• Strong knowledge in local and international codes, standards and technical specifications
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that's why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.