Senior Manager - Business Consulting - Third Party Risk Management
Job description / Role
As part of our EY MENA TPRM team, you will help clients enhance their business performance by translating their strategies into realities. Working with EY-high performing teams, you will help clients to grow, innovate, protect and optimize their business performance.
As Risk Consulting Senior manager, you'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. With the guidance of partners, directors and other senior managers, you'll identify potential business opportunities for EY. You'll actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives. In line with our commitment to quality, you'll consistently drive projects to completion and confirm that work is of high quality. When working on engagements, you'll report to higher levels of management, who will expect you to anticipate and identify risks, and raise any issues with them as appropriate. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture, coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
Your key responsibilities
- Participate and lead Enterprise Risk engagements
- Help manage the financial aspects of engagements by organizing staffing, tracking fees, and communicating issues to project leaders
- Drive-in business development initiatives along with client management and account management
- Build strong internal relationships within Risk Consulting practice and with other services across the organization
- Build connect with client stakeholders, understand their business challenges/pain areas and work with leadership to propose innovative solutions
- Develop people through effective coaching and mentoring
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback
- Contribute to people-related initiatives including recruiting, retaining, appraisal and training
- Contribute towards building and strengthening team competency for Third-Party Risk Management and Risk consulting
- Participate in the organization-wide people initiatives
- Maintain an educational program to develop skills of team members continually
- Support management in workforce planning, resourcing strategy, go to market strategy and demand generation
- Understand the business requirements clearly and lead practice development initiatives as required
- Bring out of the box thinking mindset, and analytical thinking capability to enhance service delivery
- Always maintain connections with clients to tap opportunities for constant growth and improvement
- Understand the process gaps and propose preventive/corrective action where appropriate
- Lead business growth, pursuits and client proposals for Enterprise Risk, directly working with the regional partners and senior managers
Other key Responsibilities
- Work with the team and the client to create plans for accomplishing engagement objectives and a strategy that complies with professional standards and addresses the risks inherent in the engagement
- Maintain relationships with the client to manage expectations of service delivery
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology/tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverable and services.
- Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess what the firm can deliver to serve clients
- Help manage the financial aspects of engagements by tracking fees, margin, and profitability of projects
- Assist Partners & Senior Managers in driving the business development process on existing client engagements by gathering appropriate resources, gaining access to key contacts & supervising proposal preparation
- Create innovative insights for clients, adapt methods & practices to fit operational team needs & contribute to thought leadership documents
- Plan & schedule client engagements. Determine and deploy the right team with adequate skill sets for executing engagements and periodically review the status of engagements and work products
- Maintain a strong client focus by effectively serving client needs and developing productive working relationships with client personnel. Stay abreast of current business and economic developments and new pronouncements/standards relevant to the client's business
- Demonstrate industry expertise (deep understanding of the industry, emerging trends, issues/challenges, key players& leading practices)
- Review status updates and prepares management presentations/audit committee presentations etc.
- Actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects & internal initiatives
To qualify for the role, you must have
Knowledge and Skills Requirements (mandatory):
- Demonstrated experience in team management, business development, end to end account management, and led delivery for multi-year mandates
- Develop, build and execute TPRM proposition. This includes supporting go-to market/BD activities, delivery of TPRM engagements for clients whilst working with EY firms globally, building internal capability through training across grades etc...
- Hands on [4-6] yrs. of experience in managing and driving third party risk management withing Big 4/Top 10 or Fortune 500 companies. Consulting experience is preferred but not mandatory
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of TPRM methodology, policies and practices
- Relevant experience in TPRM tools like Process Unity, Service Now, OneTrust, Prevalent, etc.
- Strong knowledge of ISO27001, NIST, GDPR, CCPA, PCI DSS, HiTRUST, HIPAA, ITIL, GRC.
- Good to have certifications: CISA, CRISC, CISSP, project management certifications like PMP.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven influencer and communicator with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong written and presentation skills; ability to communicate complex messages to a variety of audiences
- Possess a high standard of integrity and good work ethics
- Demonstrated track record with a blue-chip consulting organization or a Fortune 500 organization
- A strong academic record including a post-graduate degree
- Relevant professional qualifications such as CA, MBA, MCA, MS
- Professional experience with other Big4 or paneled SI/ ITeS companies
What we look for
- A Team of people with technical experience and who can seamlessly work with the team and the client to create plans for accomplishing engagement objectives and a strategy that complies with professional standards and addresses the risks inherent in the engagement.
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology/tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverable and services. Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess what the firm can deliver to serve clients.
- Create innovative insights for clients, adapt methods & practices to fit operational team needs & contribute to thought leadership documents.
- Periodically review status of engagements managed, prepare management presentations, and perform quality review of team's work products.
- Maintain a strong client focus by effectively serving client needs and developing productive working relationships with client personnel. Stay abreast of current business and economic developments and new pronouncements/standards relevant to the client's business.
- Actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects & internal initiatives.
What working at EY offers
At EY, we're dedicated to helping our clients, from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies - and the work we do with them is as varied as they are. You get to work with inspiring and meaningful projects. Our focus is education and coaching alongside practical experience to ensure your personal development. We value our employees and you will be able to control your own development with an individual progression plan. You will quickly grow into a responsible role with challenging and stimulating assignments. Moreover, you will be part of an interdisciplinary environment that emphasizes high quality and knowledge exchange. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Strategy & Transactions and Consulting services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region