Job description / Role
MENA TAS, Capital Equipment Manager - Valuations and Business Modelling
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a capital Equipment Manager you'll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global Valuation & Business Modelling network of specialists who deliver high quality advice through each phase of the transaction process.
The Capital Equipment (CE) Valuation and Fixed Asset Management team operates within Valuation & Business Modelling (VBM), which is a fully integrated group providing Valuation, Modelling and Economic Advisory services.
We are looking to recruit a senior professional with significant corporate finance and/or asset valuation experience in order to support the continued growth of our CE and wider VBM business.
CE provides the opportunity to work on a variety of assignments which can last from a couple of weeks up to several months, working and leading a multi-disciplinary team. The focus of the CE team's valuation work may be divided into the following categories:
Valuation which includes elements of Financial reporting, Collateral and secured lending, commercial, taxation and corporate restructuring.
Fixed Asset Management which includes fixed asset register, Capital expenditure estimation and depreciation expense.
Your key responsibilities
Individual's who can lead multi-disciplinary valuation engagements including CE, real estate and business valuation team inputs along with other TAS, Advisory and Assurance teams will do well in this environment. You will also be required to provide CE valuation advice, individually and by managing a team of junior team members. Appreciate the context in which the valuation and fixed asset management is required by gaining an understanding of our clients' business issues
Prepare new business proposals, budgets and getting involved in generating ideas to maximize assignment profitability and supporting revenue generation initiatives will be a key part of this role.
Skills and attributes for success
- We are looking for an individual with strong commercial acumen, an appreciation of fixed assets and management skills.
- The successful applicant should have sufficient gravitas to have credibility in front of our clients, together with effective team leadership and training skills in order to direct and develop junior members of the team.
- The individual will need to be a self-starter, with strong business development and communication skills
To qualify for the role you must have
- At least 5 years' corporate finance and/or valuation experience
- Broad appreciation of the relationship of CE and fixed asset management to the overall business
- University degree, preferably in engineering and/or finance/accounting
- Qualified member of RICS/ASA or similar preferred
- Experience of business development activity and success
- Project management skills, leading teams and juggling more than one project at a time
- Work as part of multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong quantitative skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build effective working relationships with individuals, organizations and clients
- High degree of personal drive and motivation to succeed
- Analytical in approach
- Strong team player
Ideally, you'll also have
- Previous valuation experience in professional services/Big 4 Firm
- Financial modelling experience
- Achievement of or significant progress towards a CFA;
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for valuations and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients goals.
What working at EY offer's
- Competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business
- Range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognized and engaging leaders in the profession
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- T he freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us
Building a better working world.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region